Supermarket giant Tesco announces plans to improve its Saffron Walden store
SUPERMARKET giant Tesco has announced plans to improve its Saffron Walden store. The company will be holding a public exhibition displaying its proposals for the Radwinter Store in the next few weeks. Tesco s aspirations are to provide a modest extension
SUPERMARKET giant Tesco has announced plans to improve its Saffron Walden store.
The company will be holding a public exhibition displaying its proposals for the Radwinter Store in the next few weeks.
Tesco's aspirations are to provide a modest extension to the store which, a spokesman said, "would provide its customers with a wider choice of food goods, meaning customers would not have to drive to other towns to do their food shopping". Tesco believes its proposals would provide people with greater option and choice to shop locally.
Tesco is holding a public exhibition on the proposals in the Baptist Church on the following dates:
You may also want to watch:
* Thursday September 10 from 11 am to 7 pm
* Friday September 11 from 11 am to 6 pm
- 1 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 County council commits to better deal for care workers
- 9 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 10 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
* Saturday September 12 from 10 am to 2 pm
Tesco store manager, Steve Burley, said: "The proposals would modernise the store and improve the choice of goods available for our customers.
"Many shoppers have told me that the store is congested and have complained that we don't stock the product they are looking for. The proposals aim to address these concerns.
"Before we submit a planning application, we want to get feedback and ideas from local people to ensure that their views are reflected in our final proposals.
"We look forward to meeting local people at the public exhibition.