Supermarket giant Tesco announces plans to improve its Saffron Walden store
SUPERMARKET giant Tesco has announced plans to improve its Saffron Walden store. The company will be holding a public exhibition displaying its proposals for the Radwinter Store in the next few weeks. Tesco s aspirations are to provide a modest extension
SUPERMARKET giant Tesco has announced plans to improve its Saffron Walden store.
The company will be holding a public exhibition displaying its proposals for the Radwinter Store in the next few weeks.
Tesco's aspirations are to provide a modest extension to the store which, a spokesman said, "would provide its customers with a wider choice of food goods, meaning customers would not have to drive to other towns to do their food shopping". Tesco believes its proposals would provide people with greater option and choice to shop locally.
Tesco is holding a public exhibition on the proposals in the Baptist Church on the following dates:
You may also want to watch:
* Thursday September 10 from 11 am to 7 pm
* Friday September 11 from 11 am to 6 pm
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 7 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
* Saturday September 12 from 10 am to 2 pm
Tesco store manager, Steve Burley, said: "The proposals would modernise the store and improve the choice of goods available for our customers.
"Many shoppers have told me that the store is congested and have complained that we don't stock the product they are looking for. The proposals aim to address these concerns.
"Before we submit a planning application, we want to get feedback and ideas from local people to ensure that their views are reflected in our final proposals.
"We look forward to meeting local people at the public exhibition.