Supermarket giant Tesco announces plans to improve its Saffron Walden store
SUPERMARKET giant Tesco has announced plans to improve its Saffron Walden store. The company will be holding a public exhibition displaying its proposals for the Radwinter Store in the next few weeks. Tesco s aspirations are to provide a modest extension
SUPERMARKET giant Tesco has announced plans to improve its Saffron Walden store.
The company will be holding a public exhibition displaying its proposals for the Radwinter Store in the next few weeks.
Tesco's aspirations are to provide a modest extension to the store which, a spokesman said, "would provide its customers with a wider choice of food goods, meaning customers would not have to drive to other towns to do their food shopping". Tesco believes its proposals would provide people with greater option and choice to shop locally.
Tesco is holding a public exhibition on the proposals in the Baptist Church on the following dates:
You may also want to watch:
* Thursday September 10 from 11 am to 7 pm
* Friday September 11 from 11 am to 6 pm
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 4 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 5 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 8 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 9 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 10 Stations benefit from funding
* Saturday September 12 from 10 am to 2 pm
Tesco store manager, Steve Burley, said: "The proposals would modernise the store and improve the choice of goods available for our customers.
"Many shoppers have told me that the store is congested and have complained that we don't stock the product they are looking for. The proposals aim to address these concerns.
"Before we submit a planning application, we want to get feedback and ideas from local people to ensure that their views are reflected in our final proposals.
"We look forward to meeting local people at the public exhibition.