Supermarket giant Tesco announces plans to improve its Saffron Walden store
SUPERMARKET giant Tesco has announced plans to improve its Saffron Walden store. The company will be holding a public exhibition displaying its proposals for the Radwinter Store in the next few weeks. Tesco s aspirations are to provide a modest extension
SUPERMARKET giant Tesco has announced plans to improve its Saffron Walden store.
The company will be holding a public exhibition displaying its proposals for the Radwinter Store in the next few weeks.
Tesco's aspirations are to provide a modest extension to the store which, a spokesman said, "would provide its customers with a wider choice of food goods, meaning customers would not have to drive to other towns to do their food shopping". Tesco believes its proposals would provide people with greater option and choice to shop locally.
Tesco is holding a public exhibition on the proposals in the Baptist Church on the following dates:
* Thursday September 10 from 11 am to 7 pm
* Friday September 11 from 11 am to 6 pm
- 1 Delayed 350 homes development approved
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 5 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 6 Flashmob choir, free lessons: Latest Ukraine support
- 7 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 Saffron Walden girls enjoy first festival outing
- 10 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries
* Saturday September 12 from 10 am to 2 pm
Tesco store manager, Steve Burley, said: "The proposals would modernise the store and improve the choice of goods available for our customers.
"Many shoppers have told me that the store is congested and have complained that we don't stock the product they are looking for. The proposals aim to address these concerns.
"Before we submit a planning application, we want to get feedback and ideas from local people to ensure that their views are reflected in our final proposals.
"We look forward to meeting local people at the public exhibition.