There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Children's Clothing Bank
- Credit: submitted/Archant
"We are a new organisation and there are a lot of people that don't know we exist."
Madi Wilkie of Uttlesford Children's Clothing Bank is keen to hear from people who need a bit of support and from people who can donate clothing, particularly for children aged 13 to 16.
They need pyjamas, winter coats in good condition, and winter clothing whose condition is "something you'd put your own child in".
They currently do not need baby and toddler items.
The charity was founded in November 2020 and is looking eventually to have its own dedicated premises with more storage opportunities.
Madi said: "We're happy to help anybody - please get in touch. You might need help now but in three months time, by then you might donate items to us."
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, send them a direct message via Facebook, or get in touch through referral agencies including CAB and GPs.
- 1 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 4 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 5 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 6 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 7 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 8 easyJet: 'We don't have plans for more routes from Stansted'
- 9 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 10 Saffron Walden youngsters show grit in defeat to Wymondham