Support group hold information day as part of Parkinson’s Awareness Week
THE Uttlesford Support Group of the Parkinson’s UK charity is holding a street collection and information day on Saturday April 16 in Saffron Walden.
The event is being held during Parkinson’s Awareness Week 2011 (April 11-17). All proceeds will help fund Parkinson’s UK’s vital work.
Parkinson’s is a degenerative neurological condition and there is currently no cure. For some people having Parkinson’s can be a frustrating and isolating experience.
The Uttlesford Support Group offers information, friendship and support to local people with Parkinson’s, their families and carers to make sure that no one has to face Parkinson’s alone. As well as holding fund-raising events, they hold monthly lunch meetings in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow. Telephone Kathy West, the secretary, for more information, on 01279 816293.
Chairman, Vivian Falk, said “My husband has Parkinson’s so I know first hand how difficult and frustrating the condition can be. But being involved in our local Parkinson’s UK group has really helped us. We meet people in a similar situation that we can talk to.
You may also want to watch:
“Whether you have a connection to Parkinson’s or just want to meet new people and get involved in our local community - you can join us to help find a cure and improve life for everyone affected by Parkinson’s.”
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 8 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 9 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending