Support group hold information day as part of Parkinson’s Awareness Week
THE Uttlesford Support Group of the Parkinson’s UK charity is holding a street collection and information day on Saturday April 16 in Saffron Walden.
The event is being held during Parkinson’s Awareness Week 2011 (April 11-17). All proceeds will help fund Parkinson’s UK’s vital work.
Parkinson’s is a degenerative neurological condition and there is currently no cure. For some people having Parkinson’s can be a frustrating and isolating experience.
The Uttlesford Support Group offers information, friendship and support to local people with Parkinson’s, their families and carers to make sure that no one has to face Parkinson’s alone. As well as holding fund-raising events, they hold monthly lunch meetings in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow. Telephone Kathy West, the secretary, for more information, on 01279 816293.
Chairman, Vivian Falk, said “My husband has Parkinson’s so I know first hand how difficult and frustrating the condition can be. But being involved in our local Parkinson’s UK group has really helped us. We meet people in a similar situation that we can talk to.
You may also want to watch:
“Whether you have a connection to Parkinson’s or just want to meet new people and get involved in our local community - you can join us to help find a cure and improve life for everyone affected by Parkinson’s.”
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold