Take a look at stem blooms!
SAFFRON Walden Horticultural Society held its Summer Rose and Floral Show last Saturday. With numbers up 20 per cent on last year, the horticultural exhibit was a success, even though roses were limited as a result of this season s weather problems. The
SAFFRON Walden Horticultural Society held its Summer Rose and Floral Show last Saturday.
With numbers up 20 per cent on last year, the horticultural exhibit was a success, even though roses were limited as a result of this season's weather problems.
The show was not restricted to flowers, however; the domestic section of the competition included home made wines and jams, along with particularly delicious looking marble cakes.
Publicity secretary for the society, Collette Biggs, said: "Many other summer flowers added to the colour and fragrance of the show, whilst displays of foliage, pot plants and flowering shrubs added a touch of green.
You may also want to watch:
"Fruit and vegetables were also exhibited, but it is at the Autumn Show that they really come into their own."
Yvonne Bishop won in the category entitled 'A Musical', with her floral arrangement entry illustrating Starlight Express, while the best rose in the show was presented to Eric Hammond.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 NCTJ staff raise more than £7,000 for journalism bursary
- 3 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 4 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 5 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 6 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 9 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 10 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
The society's Autumn Show will be held at the Golden Acre Community Centre, Ross Close, on Saturday September 12.