Take a look at stem blooms!
SAFFRON Walden Horticultural Society held its Summer Rose and Floral Show last Saturday. With numbers up 20 per cent on last year, the horticultural exhibit was a success, even though roses were limited as a result of this season s weather problems. The
SAFFRON Walden Horticultural Society held its Summer Rose and Floral Show last Saturday.
With numbers up 20 per cent on last year, the horticultural exhibit was a success, even though roses were limited as a result of this season's weather problems.
The show was not restricted to flowers, however; the domestic section of the competition included home made wines and jams, along with particularly delicious looking marble cakes.
Publicity secretary for the society, Collette Biggs, said: "Many other summer flowers added to the colour and fragrance of the show, whilst displays of foliage, pot plants and flowering shrubs added a touch of green.
You may also want to watch:
"Fruit and vegetables were also exhibited, but it is at the Autumn Show that they really come into their own."
Yvonne Bishop won in the category entitled 'A Musical', with her floral arrangement entry illustrating Starlight Express, while the best rose in the show was presented to Eric Hammond.
- 1 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 2 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 3 Covid-19 breaches at Stansted Airport
- 4 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 5 Essex: Climate change top priority for residents
- 6 Containerlift supports laughter and supply chains
- 7 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 8 Buses replace trains while train tracks are replaced
- 9 Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
- 10 Cam Valley to broadcast a special Mother's Day service
The society's Autumn Show will be held at the Golden Acre Community Centre, Ross Close, on Saturday September 12.