Taylor Wimpey helping to build a better library in Stansted
A SCHOOL S library in Stansted Mountfitchet is building its book collection with a little help from a construction company. St Mary s Primary School received a gift of �200 from housebuilder Taylor Wimpey North Thames which has been spent on books to help
A SCHOOL'S library in Stansted Mountfitchet is building its book collection with a little help from a construction company.
St Mary's Primary School received a gift of �200 from housebuilder Taylor Wimpey North Thames which has been spent on books to help develop the literacy skills of Key Stage 1 pupils.
Headteacher Christine Tonkins said: "Everyone at the school is very grateful indeed for this kind gesture from Taylor Wimpey.
"These books would normally have to be paid for out of our school budget, but the fact that we have received this donation means we have been able to buy them sooner, rather than later - and can now use our resources to enhance other areas of our library for the benefit of the children.
You may also want to watch:
"School budgets have to be very carefully managed so any donations we receive that supplement our income are hugely important and extremely welcome."
Taylor Wimpey made the donation after being approached for assistance by Liz Ring from the school's parents, teachers and friends association.
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 4 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 5 Auction stations - former telephone exchange is up for grabs
- 6 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 7 Saffron Walden artist designs George Orwell book covers
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Photographer 'shocked' after praise from hundreds of people
- 10 Olly Murs looking forward to touring again
Taylor Wimpey is currently building a collection of three, four and five-bedroom homes at its Foresthall Park development in Stansted Mountfitchet.
Sales and marketing director Tony Woodman said: "Building strong links with the community is an important aspect of all of our new-homes developments throughout the country, and so we are only too happy to be able to help St Mary's Primary School in the way that we have.