Teacher recruitment event as enquiries soar
A ONE-DAY teacher recruitment event is being held at the Radisson Hotel, Stansted Airport from 10am to 5pm tomorrow (Saturday April 25). The event comes on the back of a poll, carried out by the Training and Development Agency for Schools, suggesting that
A ONE-DAY teacher recruitment event is being held at the Radisson Hotel, Stansted Airport from 10am to 5pm tomorrow (Saturday April 25).
The event comes on the back of a poll, carried out by the Training and Development Agency for Schools, suggesting that enquiries for teacher training in Essex are up by 97 per cent.
The day is aimed at helping attendees convert their interest into action and get ahead of the growing competition for places.
Teachers will be on hand to share their own experiences about what life is like in the classrooms of today, while a range of seminars will run throughout the day, giving advice on things such as routes into teaching, how to make a successful ITT application, what happens on a PGCE course, and employment-based teacher training routes.
You may also want to watch:
Chief executive of the TDA, Graham Holley, said: "Teaching is an increasingly popular career choice for those seeking a fresh opportunity - and that certainly is the case in Essex.
"During these challenging economic times, teaching offers a competitive salary and job security, coupled with great opportunities for progression.
- 1 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 5 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 8 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 9 Several trees cut down without permission from Saffron Walden garden
- 10 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
"This Train to Teach event is the ideal chance for those interested in teaching to come along to find out more."
Entrance to Train to Teach is free, although prior registration is advised to guarantee fast-track entry.
To register, visit www.teach.gov.uk/traintoteach