Team members from the Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport gear up for mammoth charity cycle relay
TEN team members from the Radisson Blu Hotel at Stansted Airport are in training for a charity cycle relay that will cover a total of 1,300 miles over 15 days.
The group will be joining forces with team members from 31 other Park Inn by Radisson and Radisson Blu hotels across the UK to take on the tough physical challenge in the hope of raising a total of over �30,000 for worthy causes along the way.
Starting out in Aberdeen and finishing in Southend-on-Sea, the relay - which starts next on May 20 - will take 15 days to complete.
As part of the training, the team are cycling five times a week and covering a total of 50 miles each. In the coming weeks, this will be further stepped.
Jens Hallman, general manager at the hotel, said: “We are proud to be a part of this event. Our team has recently started training and although it’s tough and they have a long way to go, they are really looking forward to the challenge and hope to raise some vital funds for our chosen charity – The Panathlon Challenge.”
You may also want to watch:
The Panathlon Challenge is an Essex-based charity who work with local schools across the South East ,organising sporting competitions for disabled youngsters. Holder of the coveted Inspire Mark, the badge of the London 2012 Inspire programme, the organisation also offers free training courses, supplies specialist equipment and provides qualified coaching and expertise.
“We have been touched by the number of people already offering support and willing to get behind us for the cause, it would be great if our community can get behind our team and raise much needed funds for this fantastic charity,” added Mr Hallman.
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 3 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 8 When Covid-19 restrictions lift, will we ever shake hands again?
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
Anybody wishing to donate can call the hotel on 01279 661012 or visit justgiving.com/company/carlsonrezidor.