Teen arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport is bailed
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport.
Counter-terrorism officers arrested the teenager when she arrived on a flight at around 4pm on Friday (January 16), Scotland Yard said.
She was taken to a central London police station and has since been bailed until mid-February.
The woman was arrested on suspicion of preparation of terrorist acts and membership of a proscribed organisation, police said.
As part of the investigation a 21-year-old man was arrested in Hackney on Wednesday, October 29 on suspicion of assisting another to commit acts of terrorism, or to engage in any conduct for the committing of such acts, by facilitating another to travel abroad.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to a south London police station, where he was later bailed to return to on a date in late December.
He has since been re-bailed to a date in January.
- 1 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 2 Tools collection is a huge success
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 6 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 7 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 8 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 9 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 10 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
A search at the residential address in Hackney was also carried out.