Teen arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport is bailed
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport.
Counter-terrorism officers arrested the teenager when she arrived on a flight at around 4pm on Friday (January 16), Scotland Yard said.
She was taken to a central London police station and has since been bailed until mid-February.
The woman was arrested on suspicion of preparation of terrorist acts and membership of a proscribed organisation, police said.
As part of the investigation a 21-year-old man was arrested in Hackney on Wednesday, October 29 on suspicion of assisting another to commit acts of terrorism, or to engage in any conduct for the committing of such acts, by facilitating another to travel abroad.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to a south London police station, where he was later bailed to return to on a date in late December.
He has since been re-bailed to a date in January.
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 6 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 7 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 8 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley
- 9 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 10 Cambridge Music Festival returns with 30th anniversary programme of concerts and online offerings
A search at the residential address in Hackney was also carried out.