Teen arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport is bailed
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport.
Counter-terrorism officers arrested the teenager when she arrived on a flight at around 4pm on Friday (January 16), Scotland Yard said.
She was taken to a central London police station and has since been bailed until mid-February.
The woman was arrested on suspicion of preparation of terrorist acts and membership of a proscribed organisation, police said.
As part of the investigation a 21-year-old man was arrested in Hackney on Wednesday, October 29 on suspicion of assisting another to commit acts of terrorism, or to engage in any conduct for the committing of such acts, by facilitating another to travel abroad.
He was taken to a south London police station, where he was later bailed to return to on a date in late December.
He has since been re-bailed to a date in January.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 3 Decision yet to be made on Saffron Walden's 20mph limit
- 4 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 5 Saffron Walden photographer's book a permanent record of life in a locked down town
- 6 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 7 Derby fun for Wendens Ambo as they brush off logistical headache
- 8 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Large Visitor Attraction of the Year finalists
- 9 Things to do in Essex February 2022
- 10 Essex Young Farmers celebrate Plough Sunday with Thaxted tractor run
A search at the residential address in Hackney was also carried out.