Teenager dies after being hit by car in Stansted
- Credit: Archant
A schoolgirl has died after being hit by a car in Stansted Mountfitchet.
Chiara Sanfilippo, 13, of Stansted Mountfitchet, was taken to hospital following the accident on Cambridge Road at about 4.15pm yesterday (Wednesday) but did not survive.
Police believe she had just got off a bus and was attempting to cross the road close to the junction with Hargrave Close when she was struck by a red Suzuki car.
Officers closed the road for around three hours and a diversion put in place.
A spokesman from Essex Police said: “A pedestrian has died following a road collision in Stansted Mountfitchet.
You may also want to watch:
“The pedestrian, a teenage girl, suffered fatal injuries when she was in a collision with a car.
“The incident happened on Cambridge Road, near the junction with Hargrave Close, at about 4.18pm.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 3 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 8 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
“The road was closed until just after 7.15pm while police collision investigators carried out their inquiries.”
Officers have asked any witnesses, if they have not already been spoken to, to call 101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.