Teenager dies after being hit by car in Stansted
- Credit: Archant
A schoolgirl has died after being hit by a car in Stansted Mountfitchet.
Chiara Sanfilippo, 13, of Stansted Mountfitchet, was taken to hospital following the accident on Cambridge Road at about 4.15pm yesterday (Wednesday) but did not survive.
Police believe she had just got off a bus and was attempting to cross the road close to the junction with Hargrave Close when she was struck by a red Suzuki car.
Officers closed the road for around three hours and a diversion put in place.
A spokesman from Essex Police said: “A pedestrian has died following a road collision in Stansted Mountfitchet.
You may also want to watch:
“The pedestrian, a teenage girl, suffered fatal injuries when she was in a collision with a car.
“The incident happened on Cambridge Road, near the junction with Hargrave Close, at about 4.18pm.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 4 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 5 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 6 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 7 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 8 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
“The road was closed until just after 7.15pm while police collision investigators carried out their inquiries.”
Officers have asked any witnesses, if they have not already been spoken to, to call 101 or e-mail email@example.com.