Tell us your views: Greater Anglia named train operator of the year at Rail Business Awards
- Credit: Archant
Greater Anglia has been named train operator of the year at the Rail Business Awards.
The train operator, which was awarded a two-year contract to run services from London to East Anglia in February 2012, was presented with the accolade at a ceremony at the London Hilton last night,
Praising Greater Anglia for its winning entry, the judges said: “Performance during the first year of operation has been very impressive. This came across very clearly in its excellent submission.“
The Dutch-owned operator runs 1,900 trains a day and carries two million passengers a week.
Since it took over the franchise, Greater Anglia is said to have boosted customer service and delivered wide-ranging improvements across the network.
You may also want to watch:
More trains are said to be running on time, and other improvements include enhancement work to stations, integration with other public transport and a reduction in disruption caused by weekend engineering works.
Share your views on Greater Anglia below.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event