Temporary road closure in Little Easton due to overhead cabling works
ESSEX County Council is planning to temporarily close a section of Duck Street in Little Easton, near Great Dunmow, to enable BT to carry out overhead cabling works.
The closure is scheduled to start on Thursday (May 23) and take two working days, although this may be extended if the works are delayed due to the weather.
It will affect a 100-metre stretch of Duck Street, Little Easton, southwards from its junction with Kings Farm Lane.
A signed diversion will direct traffic along an alternative route via Duck Street, Mill End and the B184 Dunmow Road to The Endway and vice versa.
The work will take place between the hours of 9.30am and 3.30pm on both days.
You may also want to watch:
Access for emergency service vehicles and pedestrians will be maintained at times during the closure.
The ECC Temporary Prohibition of Traffic Order 2013 can be activated at any time in the next 18 months if the works are postponed for any reason.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 4 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 5 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 10 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come