Temporary road closure in Little Easton due to overhead cabling works
ESSEX County Council is planning to temporarily close a section of Duck Street in Little Easton, near Great Dunmow, to enable BT to carry out overhead cabling works.
The closure is scheduled to start on Thursday (May 23) and take two working days, although this may be extended if the works are delayed due to the weather.
It will affect a 100-metre stretch of Duck Street, Little Easton, southwards from its junction with Kings Farm Lane.
A signed diversion will direct traffic along an alternative route via Duck Street, Mill End and the B184 Dunmow Road to The Endway and vice versa.
The work will take place between the hours of 9.30am and 3.30pm on both days.
You may also want to watch:
Access for emergency service vehicles and pedestrians will be maintained at times during the closure.
The ECC Temporary Prohibition of Traffic Order 2013 can be activated at any time in the next 18 months if the works are postponed for any reason.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100