Temporary road closure in Little Easton due to overhead cabling works
ESSEX County Council is planning to temporarily close a section of Duck Street in Little Easton, near Great Dunmow, to enable BT to carry out overhead cabling works.
The closure is scheduled to start on Thursday (May 23) and take two working days, although this may be extended if the works are delayed due to the weather.
It will affect a 100-metre stretch of Duck Street, Little Easton, southwards from its junction with Kings Farm Lane.
A signed diversion will direct traffic along an alternative route via Duck Street, Mill End and the B184 Dunmow Road to The Endway and vice versa.
The work will take place between the hours of 9.30am and 3.30pm on both days.
You may also want to watch:
Access for emergency service vehicles and pedestrians will be maintained at times during the closure.
The ECC Temporary Prohibition of Traffic Order 2013 can be activated at any time in the next 18 months if the works are postponed for any reason.
- 1 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 2 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 3 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 6 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 7 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 8 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 9 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 10 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire