Temporary road works: Drainage repair works on Onslow Green
Essex County Council is to temporarily close a section of Onslow Green in Barnston to enable it to carry out drainage repair works.
The closure is scheduled to start on Monday 13th May and take five working days, although this may be extended if the works are delayed due to the weather.
It will affect a 100-metre stretch of Onslow Green from a point approximately 850 metres south west of its junction with the B1008 Chelmsford Road.
A signed diversion will direct traffic along an alternative route via Shooters Hatch Road and along High Easter Road back onto the B1008 and vice versa.
Access for emergency service vehicles and pedestrians will be maintained at times during the closure.
You may also want to watch:
The ECC Temporary Prohibition of Traffic Order 2013 can be activated at any time in the next 18 months if the works are postponed for any reason.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 3 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 7 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 8 Victorian Horses and riders wow at Audley End event
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Saffron Hall this Christmas for magical The Wizard of Oz pantomime