Temporary road works: Drainage repair works on Onslow Green
Essex County Council is to temporarily close a section of Onslow Green in Barnston to enable it to carry out drainage repair works.
The closure is scheduled to start on Monday 13th May and take five working days, although this may be extended if the works are delayed due to the weather.
It will affect a 100-metre stretch of Onslow Green from a point approximately 850 metres south west of its junction with the B1008 Chelmsford Road.
A signed diversion will direct traffic along an alternative route via Shooters Hatch Road and along High Easter Road back onto the B1008 and vice versa.
Access for emergency service vehicles and pedestrians will be maintained at times during the closure.
You may also want to watch:
The ECC Temporary Prohibition of Traffic Order 2013 can be activated at any time in the next 18 months if the works are postponed for any reason.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 6 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 7 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections