Temporary road works: Drainage repair works on Onslow Green
Essex County Council is to temporarily close a section of Onslow Green in Barnston to enable it to carry out drainage repair works.
The closure is scheduled to start on Monday 13th May and take five working days, although this may be extended if the works are delayed due to the weather.
It will affect a 100-metre stretch of Onslow Green from a point approximately 850 metres south west of its junction with the B1008 Chelmsford Road.
A signed diversion will direct traffic along an alternative route via Shooters Hatch Road and along High Easter Road back onto the B1008 and vice versa.
Access for emergency service vehicles and pedestrians will be maintained at times during the closure.
You may also want to watch:
The ECC Temporary Prohibition of Traffic Order 2013 can be activated at any time in the next 18 months if the works are postponed for any reason.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country