Tesco celebrates opening of new express store in Stansted
A NEW Stansted Mountfitchet supermarket celebrated its launch with a donation to a children’s centre.
Mandy Fitchett, co-ordinator for Spangle’s Children’s Centre, was the guest of honour and got to cut the ribbon to declare the Tesco Express store in Cambridge Road officially open for business.
As part of the celebrations, store manager Martin Copping and his staff presented Mrs Fitchett with a cheque for �500.
Spangles Children’s Centre, run by the Pre-school Learning Alliance, provides services and activities to support parents in the everyday challenges they face in bringing up young children.
Mrs Fitchett said: “I thank everyone at Tesco. Some of the money will go towards extra staff to help maintain a new Tuesday group dedicated to supporting parents of twins and triplets, that is starting in December.
You may also want to watch:
“We would also like to purchase a second sensory tent. Spangles has been very popular ever since it opened nearly three years ago and numbers are always on the high side, so another one would be put to good use.”
Store manager Mr Copping said: “We were delighted to be able to support Spangle’s Children’s Centre; it is such a wonderful community organisation that does great work for families.”
- 1 Buses replace trains while train tracks are replaced
- 2 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 3 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 4 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 5 Electric cars for SMT GB staff
- 6 Greens and Lib Dems disassociate themselves from investment decision
- 7 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 8 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 9 Saffron Striders celebrate achievements in challenging season
- 10 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues