Tesco celebrates opening of new express store in Stansted
A NEW Stansted Mountfitchet supermarket celebrated its launch with a donation to a children’s centre.
Mandy Fitchett, co-ordinator for Spangle’s Children’s Centre, was the guest of honour and got to cut the ribbon to declare the Tesco Express store in Cambridge Road officially open for business.
As part of the celebrations, store manager Martin Copping and his staff presented Mrs Fitchett with a cheque for �500.
Spangles Children’s Centre, run by the Pre-school Learning Alliance, provides services and activities to support parents in the everyday challenges they face in bringing up young children.
Mrs Fitchett said: “I thank everyone at Tesco. Some of the money will go towards extra staff to help maintain a new Tuesday group dedicated to supporting parents of twins and triplets, that is starting in December.
You may also want to watch:
“We would also like to purchase a second sensory tent. Spangles has been very popular ever since it opened nearly three years ago and numbers are always on the high side, so another one would be put to good use.”
Store manager Mr Copping said: “We were delighted to be able to support Spangle’s Children’s Centre; it is such a wonderful community organisation that does great work for families.”
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 5 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 6 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 7 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 8 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 9 More restrictions set to be scrapped in Boris Johnson's winter Covid plan
- 10 Dramatic pictures show extent of three north-west Essex farm fires