Tesco celebrates opening of new express store in Stansted
A NEW Stansted Mountfitchet supermarket celebrated its launch with a donation to a children’s centre.
Mandy Fitchett, co-ordinator for Spangle’s Children’s Centre, was the guest of honour and got to cut the ribbon to declare the Tesco Express store in Cambridge Road officially open for business.
As part of the celebrations, store manager Martin Copping and his staff presented Mrs Fitchett with a cheque for �500.
Spangles Children’s Centre, run by the Pre-school Learning Alliance, provides services and activities to support parents in the everyday challenges they face in bringing up young children.
Mrs Fitchett said: “I thank everyone at Tesco. Some of the money will go towards extra staff to help maintain a new Tuesday group dedicated to supporting parents of twins and triplets, that is starting in December.
You may also want to watch:
“We would also like to purchase a second sensory tent. Spangles has been very popular ever since it opened nearly three years ago and numbers are always on the high side, so another one would be put to good use.”
Store manager Mr Copping said: “We were delighted to be able to support Spangle’s Children’s Centre; it is such a wonderful community organisation that does great work for families.”
- 1 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 2 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 3 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 4 Walden Wombles hold their first litter pick
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 New outreach Post Office for community
- 7 New interim chief executive for district council
- 8 Mental health trust fined following 11 deaths
- 9 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 10 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier