Thaxted arranges special meeting to discuss new homes plan
THAXTED Parish Council has called a special meeting to discuss proposals for a 55 house development in the town.
As highlighted in the Reporter last week, developer Endurance Estates has submitted to Uttlesford District Council an outline application to build on scrub land at the end of Wedow Road.
However, residents have vented their anger over the plans, with concerns raised about the negative impact on the town’s overstretched infrastructure. Fears were particularly raised about the increased potential of flooding and pressure on the local school, roads and sewerage system.
Several residents made their feelings known to councillors at the annual parish meeting [on March 17] and for that reason the council has decided to call the special planning committee meeting on April 8 at 8 pm in Bolford Street Hall.
A council spokesman said: “We are aware of the strength of local feeling in respect of the outline planning proposal.
You may also want to watch:
“This special committee meeting will be dedicated solely to this issue and residents can come and make their feelings known.
“The parish council does not make the final decision on local development applications as this is decided by the district council. However, it is invited to submit its views and it will make a final decision about where it stands on this planning application in public on the night of the meeting.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 4 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 5 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 6 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
“These views will be submitted to Uttlesford District Council for inclusion in the officer’s report.”
Uttlesford District Council’s development control committee is not expected to decide on the plans before June 1 and the deadline for residents to make their views known has been pushed back to May 1.
To submit comments write to: The Chief Planning Officer, Uttlesford District Council, London Road, Saffron Walden, Essex CB11 4ER, quoting reference UTT/0477/11/OP