Thaxted Festival announces dates and details
- Credit: Supplied by Thaxted Festival
Thaxted Festival will return this summer after a hiatus in 2020.
London Mozart Players are set to take to the stage as the festival's leading performers.
LMP will be joined by acapella group VOCES8 and the award-winning Heath Quartet.
A special 200th anniversary recital on the village's Lincoln Organ will also be led by Cambridge musician Robin Walker.
The festival will take place in Thaxted Parish Church between Thursday, June 24 and Sunday, June 27, and the following week from Thursday, July 1 to Sunday, July 4.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Jenkins, Vice-Chair of the festival, said: "We’re all delighted that it looks likely Thaxted Festival will go ahead this year and can’t wait to welcome back our audience and, of course, our performers, after a tough 12 months for them."
Tickets are set to be released on Tuesday (May 4) online - https://www.thaxtedfestival.co.uk/concerts - for the first time in two years following a 2020 hiatus due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- 1 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 4 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 5 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 6 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 7 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 8 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 9 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 10 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts