Thaxted Guildhall Gardening and Craft Show
THE annual Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show will be held in Thaxted Guildhall this year over the weekend of September 11 and 12.
THE annual Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show will be held in Thaxted Guildhall this year on September 11 and 12.
The organisers are expecting a good display as the numbers of entrants has been increasing in recent years entering up to 400 exhibits each year.
A spokesman said: “We are delighted that more and more people from Thaxted and surrounding villages are entering the show, which is open to anyone living within a 10 mile radius of Thaxted.
“The show uses professional judges but it is also an enjoyable and sociable event with many people joining in to exhibit and also to visit and see the produce and craft items that have been grown, sewn or made in and around Thaxted.”
There are classes for everyone in the community including vegetables for experts and novices, novelty vegetables such as Longest Runner Bean and Largest Tomato, fruit, floral art, dahlias, chrysanthemums, garden flowers, flowering plants, wine, cookery, embroidery, knitting, patchwork, other crafts, photography, art and classes for children of all ages from the under six’s to teenagers.
For readers wishing to enter exhibits in the show the schedule of classes, with entry form included, is available from The Guildhall Stores and Wayletts Newsagents, both in Town Street, Thaxted and completed entry forms should be returned to The Pharmacy, Thaxted by September 9.
- 1 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 2 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 3 4 inspirational women are celebrated in Newport
- 4 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 5 Saffron Walden seal first win of EAPL season at Frinton
- 6 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 7 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 8 SWCC girls U13 come close to victory
- 9 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 10 The Railway Arms is North West Essex CAMRA Pub of the Year
Entries should be brought to the Guildhall on Friday September 10 between 6pm and 8pm and on Saturday September 11 between 7.30am and 10.30am.
“We want to attract more visitors to the show,” added the spokesman. “Thaxted has lots to offer as well as the lovely medieval Guildhall and the show – visitors can take the opportunity to make use of the varied eating places including tearoom, wine bar, restaurant and pubs in Thaxted and visit the magnificent parish Church and Windmill too.”
The Guildhall is open to view the show 2pm to 6pm on Saturday September 11 and 11am to 5pm the following day. Entry Fee is �1 for adults and children are free.
More information about Thaxted is available at thaxted.co.uk