Thaxted Guildhall Gardening and Craft Show
THE annual Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show will be held in Thaxted Guildhall this year over the weekend of September 11 and 12.
THE annual Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show will be held in Thaxted Guildhall this year on September 11 and 12.
The organisers are expecting a good display as the numbers of entrants has been increasing in recent years entering up to 400 exhibits each year.
A spokesman said: “We are delighted that more and more people from Thaxted and surrounding villages are entering the show, which is open to anyone living within a 10 mile radius of Thaxted.
“The show uses professional judges but it is also an enjoyable and sociable event with many people joining in to exhibit and also to visit and see the produce and craft items that have been grown, sewn or made in and around Thaxted.”
You may also want to watch:
There are classes for everyone in the community including vegetables for experts and novices, novelty vegetables such as Longest Runner Bean and Largest Tomato, fruit, floral art, dahlias, chrysanthemums, garden flowers, flowering plants, wine, cookery, embroidery, knitting, patchwork, other crafts, photography, art and classes for children of all ages from the under six’s to teenagers.
For readers wishing to enter exhibits in the show the schedule of classes, with entry form included, is available from The Guildhall Stores and Wayletts Newsagents, both in Town Street, Thaxted and completed entry forms should be returned to The Pharmacy, Thaxted by September 9.
- 1 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 2 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 3 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 6 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 7 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 8 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months
- 9 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 10 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
Entries should be brought to the Guildhall on Friday September 10 between 6pm and 8pm and on Saturday September 11 between 7.30am and 10.30am.
“We want to attract more visitors to the show,” added the spokesman. “Thaxted has lots to offer as well as the lovely medieval Guildhall and the show – visitors can take the opportunity to make use of the varied eating places including tearoom, wine bar, restaurant and pubs in Thaxted and visit the magnificent parish Church and Windmill too.”
The Guildhall is open to view the show 2pm to 6pm on Saturday September 11 and 11am to 5pm the following day. Entry Fee is �1 for adults and children are free.
More information about Thaxted is available at thaxted.co.uk