Thaxted man dies after altercation outside Dunmow pub
- Credit: Archant
A Thaxted father has died following an assault outside a Dunmow pub which left him with a serious head injury.
Kieren O’Rourke, 42, of Barnards Field, was assaulted outside the Boars Head pub in High Street on April 8 at around 11.45pm, and sustained a head injury after falling to the ground.
He was taken to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford, and later transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, where he died on Tuesday, April 18.
A 30-year-old man from Stansted was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter and released under investigation. Enquiries are ongoing.
A post mortem examination gave the preliminary cause of death as a head injury.
In a statement, Mr O’Rourke’s family said: “We as a family are devastated by the tragic loss our Kieren, a loving father, son and brother.
“We please ask for privacy at this incredibly sad time.”
- 1 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 2 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 5 Radical women of Saffron Walden walking tour
- 6 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 7 Stansted Airport boss confident that passenger numbers will rally
- 8 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
- 9 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 10 Road building not the answer to Essex's transport woes, says campaigner
Detective Chief Inspector Martin Pasmore said: “This is a tragic loss of life and I am determined to establish exactly how Kieren received this injury.
“I am in no doubt that there are witnesses who saw Kieren involved in an altercation with another man outside The Boars Head about 11.45pm on April 8.
“I appeal for those witnesses or anyone with information about the incident, including those who have CCTV, mobile phone or dash cam footage to come forward.
Anyone with information can contact the Harlow major investigation team on 101 or email email@example.com.