Thaxted man to run for assistance dog charity
NATIONAL charity Canine Partners – which provides specially trained assistance dogs to people with disabilities – will benefit from the fundraising efforts of Thaxted man David Ives.
NATIONAL charity Canine Partners - which provides specially trained assistance dogs to people with disabilities - will benefit from the fundraising efforts of Thaxted man David Ives.
David has undertaken to complete The Great South Run in October and the Brighton Marathon to help fund a puppy being trained by Canine Partners in Essex.
Although referring to himself as leading a sedentary life, David was inspired to run for Canine Partners after seeing the difference the charity makes to the lives of people with disabilities.
He said: “Each dog is specifically trained to meet the needs of the individual no matter how challenging. They are trained to help with everyday tasks such as opening and shutting doors, unloading the washing machine, picking up dropped items, pressing buttons and switches and getting help in an emergency.
You may also want to watch:
“But it is not just the practical help they bring, a canine partner also offers companionship, a sense of security and increased social interaction.
“It is amazing and quite humbling to see this human-canine partnership at work and the bond of love and trust they share.”
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 6 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
To support David please visit justgiving.com/k9dave
If you fancy a bit of a challenge and would like to support Canine Partners in Essex by fundraising or volunteering, contact the fundraising office on 01245 608355.