Thaxted rangers hold football Fun Day
- Credit: Archant
Thaxted Rangers Youth Football Club held another successful Fun Day at the weekend.
More than 150 people gathered on the town’s recreational ground for the event, which saw a bouncy castle, raffle, a fire engine and penalty shoot-outs keeping guests entertained.
The day was also marked by a series of presentations for members, which included the awarding of the club’s annual trophy as well as special prizes for individual players.
Following the ceremony, parents were challenged to take to the pitch, although mums and dads were quickly defeated by the club. Thankfully, a licensed bar and barbecue were on-hand for the losers.
Bradley Osborn, executive committee member for the club, told the Reporter: “It was a great day. The highlight for me was finishing the penalty shoot-out and cracking open a beer. No, really it was seeing the parents play with the kids; it was great.”
You may also want to watch:
The money raised will go back into running the club as well as helping to fund the refurbishment of the ground’s pavilion.
- 1 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 2 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 3 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 6 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 7 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 8 Thaxted - Carver Scout Group visit an Apache helicopter
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Historic books have new 'long loan' home to help researchers