Thaxted residents urged to take part in village survey
THAXTED Parish Council needs the input of ALL its residents to help it to understand how people feel about the town.
The council recently circulated a questionnaire to every home to give residents the chance to express their views on whether various local facilities are adequate and whether they can be improved.
Amongst other things, it is looking specifically at community, sports and leisure facilities, parking, shops, the market and employment.
The information will be used to write a Parish Plan, a document which will guide the council in its decision-making and provide an evidence base for services and facilities in Thaxted.
Further copies of the questionnaire are available from the Community Information Centre or Thaxted Primary School reception. Completed questionnaires can be left at Wayletts, the school, CIC, library and Thaxted Surgery. It will take no more than 20 minutes to complete.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers will be on hand at the CIC between 9am–12 noon on Friday (June 21) to answer questions and help residents complete questionnaires. Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
Questionnaires can also be completed on the town website at thaxted.co.uk.
- 1 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
The deadline is Friday June 28.
A prize draw is being held to encourage residents to take part. First prize is a £200 voucher towards a bike, and there are runners-up pcash prizes of £50 each. The draw will take place on July 4.