Thaxted residents urged to take part in village survey
THAXTED Parish Council needs the input of ALL its residents to help it to understand how people feel about the town.
The council recently circulated a questionnaire to every home to give residents the chance to express their views on whether various local facilities are adequate and whether they can be improved.
Amongst other things, it is looking specifically at community, sports and leisure facilities, parking, shops, the market and employment.
The information will be used to write a Parish Plan, a document which will guide the council in its decision-making and provide an evidence base for services and facilities in Thaxted.
Further copies of the questionnaire are available from the Community Information Centre or Thaxted Primary School reception. Completed questionnaires can be left at Wayletts, the school, CIC, library and Thaxted Surgery. It will take no more than 20 minutes to complete.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers will be on hand at the CIC between 9am–12 noon on Friday (June 21) to answer questions and help residents complete questionnaires. Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
Questionnaires can also be completed on the town website at thaxted.co.uk.
- 1 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 2 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 3 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 'Pup Idol' comes to Saffron Walden as search for Wizard of Oz pooch Toto begins
- 6 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 7 Q&A: Elsenham WI President Moyra Jackson
- 8 NCTJ staff raise more than £7,000 for journalism bursary
- 9 There With You This Winter: Walden Mayor backs our campaign
- 10 Saffron Striders hit the Cambridge Half Marathon en masse
The deadline is Friday June 28.
A prize draw is being held to encourage residents to take part. First prize is a £200 voucher towards a bike, and there are runners-up pcash prizes of £50 each. The draw will take place on July 4.