Thaxted seeks community help to shape town’s future
THAXTED Parish Council is looking for local community volunteers to help in the creation of the town’s first Parish Plan.
The council is seeking the community’s views in order to shape the development of services and amenities in the town over the next five years. It will give all residents the opportunity to have a say in many aspects of Thaxted life including sports and recreational facilities, transport and traffic, promotion of business and tourism, and housing.
Initially, the council is particularly seeking five enthusiastic volunteers ideally with experience of project management, data management or market research.
The council would also like to hear from residents interested in issues affecting the elderly, young people and families, health representatives, anyone with experience of issues facing local sports and recreation clubs, business representatives and those with views on crime and community safety.
Ultimately, it hopes to tap into the expertise of these residents to shape the community questionnaires through small task groups.
You may also want to watch:
If you have some time to spare and would like to be involved, please contact the parish clerk, Julie Abel, to find out more on 01371 831952 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 3 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 7 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 8 When Covid-19 restrictions lift, will we ever shake hands again?
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'