Thaxted villagers turn out for Flower Show
- Credit: Archant
With more than 600 hundred exhibits, Thaxted Flower Show at the United Reform Church, displayed produce and craftwork sewn or grown within a 10-mile radius of the town.
The show was supported by Thaxted Primary School and every child entered their handwriting. The children’s creative work was hung from ribbons strung all around the building.
Spokesman Sally Weet said: “It was a wonderful sight. The church was teeming with visitors and bursting with colour. There were exhibits of all shapes and sizes ranging from enormous pumpkins, fabulous quilted bedspreads to miniature flower arrangements, magnificent tapestry to millinery, photographs and paintings.
“There were animals made out of fruit and vegetables, Lego insects. The produce ranged from leeks as long as your arm to dahlias as big as your head to tiny cherry tomatoes.”
Mrs Weet said The Great Thaxted Bake Off was a great success with an array of decorated cup cakes, sponge cakes, pastries, jams, bread and chutneys.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “The delicious smell was a delight to all the visitors. We would like to thank everyone who entered an exhibit and visited the show. We can’t do it without you and we look forward to seeing you all next year.”
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 9 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost