The 59th Sale of Stamps in St Mary’s Parish Church, Saffron Walden
Celebrating 1000 years of worship
THE 59th sale of stamps in aid of St Mary’s Parish Church Saffron Walden will be held on October 2.
As usual the proceeds are being split between church music and maintenance funds.
A spokesman said: “Since 1979, over �10,000 has been raised for the church by selling stamps – the sales are always friendly events and many collectors come back year after year.
“All the stamps are donated by members of the congregation and other friends, then sorted, soaked off paper and mounted.
You may also want to watch:
“They are sold either individually or in packets of stamps of the same theme.”
The event will takes place in the committee room at the back of the town hall between 9.30am until noon.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold