The 59th Sale of Stamps in St Mary’s Parish Church, Saffron Walden
Celebrating 1000 years of worship
THE 59th sale of stamps in aid of St Mary’s Parish Church Saffron Walden will be held on October 2.
As usual the proceeds are being split between church music and maintenance funds.
A spokesman said: “Since 1979, over �10,000 has been raised for the church by selling stamps – the sales are always friendly events and many collectors come back year after year.
“All the stamps are donated by members of the congregation and other friends, then sorted, soaked off paper and mounted.
You may also want to watch:
“They are sold either individually or in packets of stamps of the same theme.”
The event will takes place in the committee room at the back of the town hall between 9.30am until noon.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 7 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 8 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 9 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital