The 59th Sale of Stamps in St Mary’s Parish Church, Saffron Walden
Celebrating 1000 years of worship
THE 59th sale of stamps in aid of St Mary’s Parish Church Saffron Walden will be held on October 2.
As usual the proceeds are being split between church music and maintenance funds.
A spokesman said: “Since 1979, over �10,000 has been raised for the church by selling stamps – the sales are always friendly events and many collectors come back year after year.
“All the stamps are donated by members of the congregation and other friends, then sorted, soaked off paper and mounted.
You may also want to watch:
“They are sold either individually or in packets of stamps of the same theme.”
The event will takes place in the committee room at the back of the town hall between 9.30am until noon.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout