The Beautiful South to perform at The Junction, Cambridge
HAVING taken a two-year sabbatical, hit band The Beautiful South has announced an intimate show at Cambridge Junction on Thursday November 26.Formed 20 years ago, the band –now reformed as New Beautiful South – have sold over 15 million albums worldwide
HAVING taken a two-year sabbatical, hit band The Beautiful South has announced an intimate show at Cambridge Junction on Thursday November 26.
Formed 20 years ago, the band -now reformed as New Beautiful South - have sold over 15 million albums worldwide and packed out stadiums and arenas throughout that period.
They've had a string of hit singles such as Old Red Eyes Is Back, Rotterdam, Don't Marry Her, Perfect 10 and number one single A Little Time.
Their greatest hits album, Carry On Up The Charts, was one of the fastest-selling albums in UK history, entering at number one and staying there for several weeks, becoming one of the country's most popular albums ever.
You may also want to watch:
Featuring Dave Hemingway (vocals), Alison Wheeler (vocals), David Stead (drums), Damon Butcher (keyboards), Gary Birtles (amp) and Tony Robinson, The New Beautiful South will introduce their new guitarist, and bass player, on stage.
Special guest for this show will be Sandi Thom, whose unique voice and sound
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 3 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 8 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 9 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
made a big impact on the UK's swelling nu-folk scene following the release
of her number one single, I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (with Flowers in My Hair).
Tickets for the gig will be on sale from Monday (August 17).
For more information visit www.junction.co.uk