The Beautiful South to perform at The Junction, Cambridge
HAVING taken a two-year sabbatical, hit band The Beautiful South has announced an intimate show at Cambridge Junction on Thursday November 26.Formed 20 years ago, the band –now reformed as New Beautiful South – have sold over 15 million albums worldwide
HAVING taken a two-year sabbatical, hit band The Beautiful South has announced an intimate show at Cambridge Junction on Thursday November 26.
Formed 20 years ago, the band -now reformed as New Beautiful South - have sold over 15 million albums worldwide and packed out stadiums and arenas throughout that period.
They've had a string of hit singles such as Old Red Eyes Is Back, Rotterdam, Don't Marry Her, Perfect 10 and number one single A Little Time.
Their greatest hits album, Carry On Up The Charts, was one of the fastest-selling albums in UK history, entering at number one and staying there for several weeks, becoming one of the country's most popular albums ever.
Featuring Dave Hemingway (vocals), Alison Wheeler (vocals), David Stead (drums), Damon Butcher (keyboards), Gary Birtles (amp) and Tony Robinson, The New Beautiful South will introduce their new guitarist, and bass player, on stage.
Special guest for this show will be Sandi Thom, whose unique voice and sound
- 1 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
- 2 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 3 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 4 Saffron Striders impress, Thompson strikes gold
- 5 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 6 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 7 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 10 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
made a big impact on the UK's swelling nu-folk scene following the release
of her number one single, I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (with Flowers in My Hair).
Tickets for the gig will be on sale from Monday (August 17).
For more information visit www.junction.co.uk