The Beautiful South to perform at The Junction, Cambridge
HAVING taken a two-year sabbatical, hit band The Beautiful South has announced an intimate show at Cambridge Junction on Thursday November 26.Formed 20 years ago, the band –now reformed as New Beautiful South – have sold over 15 million albums worldwide
HAVING taken a two-year sabbatical, hit band The Beautiful South has announced an intimate show at Cambridge Junction on Thursday November 26.
Formed 20 years ago, the band -now reformed as New Beautiful South - have sold over 15 million albums worldwide and packed out stadiums and arenas throughout that period.
They've had a string of hit singles such as Old Red Eyes Is Back, Rotterdam, Don't Marry Her, Perfect 10 and number one single A Little Time.
Their greatest hits album, Carry On Up The Charts, was one of the fastest-selling albums in UK history, entering at number one and staying there for several weeks, becoming one of the country's most popular albums ever.
You may also want to watch:
Featuring Dave Hemingway (vocals), Alison Wheeler (vocals), David Stead (drums), Damon Butcher (keyboards), Gary Birtles (amp) and Tony Robinson, The New Beautiful South will introduce their new guitarist, and bass player, on stage.
Special guest for this show will be Sandi Thom, whose unique voice and sound
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 9 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 10 County council promises arts boost for Essex
made a big impact on the UK's swelling nu-folk scene following the release
of her number one single, I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (with Flowers in My Hair).
Tickets for the gig will be on sale from Monday (August 17).
For more information visit www.junction.co.uk