The Beautiful South to perform at The Junction, Cambridge
HAVING taken a two-year sabbatical, hit band The Beautiful South has announced an intimate show at Cambridge Junction on Thursday November 26.Formed 20 years ago, the band –now reformed as New Beautiful South – have sold over 15 million albums worldwide
HAVING taken a two-year sabbatical, hit band The Beautiful South has announced an intimate show at Cambridge Junction on Thursday November 26.
Formed 20 years ago, the band -now reformed as New Beautiful South - have sold over 15 million albums worldwide and packed out stadiums and arenas throughout that period.
They've had a string of hit singles such as Old Red Eyes Is Back, Rotterdam, Don't Marry Her, Perfect 10 and number one single A Little Time.
Their greatest hits album, Carry On Up The Charts, was one of the fastest-selling albums in UK history, entering at number one and staying there for several weeks, becoming one of the country's most popular albums ever.
You may also want to watch:
Featuring Dave Hemingway (vocals), Alison Wheeler (vocals), David Stead (drums), Damon Butcher (keyboards), Gary Birtles (amp) and Tony Robinson, The New Beautiful South will introduce their new guitarist, and bass player, on stage.
Special guest for this show will be Sandi Thom, whose unique voice and sound
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 5 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 6 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
made a big impact on the UK's swelling nu-folk scene following the release
of her number one single, I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (with Flowers in My Hair).
Tickets for the gig will be on sale from Monday (August 17).
For more information visit www.junction.co.uk