The Gardens of Easton Lodge launch photography competition
- Credit: Archant
BUDDING photographers are needed to take snaps for a tourist attraction’s 2014 calendar.
Entry is open to all visitors to the Little Easton venue at the next open day on Sunday (June 23).
This year there will be two age groups (up to and including 16 years and 17 years and over) across the three categories of Family Fun, Hidden Treasures and Flowers & Foliage.
Winning entries will be announced at the September 22 open day by the judges including Mike Perry of David Lipson Photography in Great Dunmow. Mike is also generously donating some of the prizes.
The photographs will then go on display in the new Archive Building, which the Trust has recently built and which will be open to visitors for the first time this month.
Entry forms will only be available on the day but full details of the age groups, categories and rules are available on the website eastonlodge.co.uk.
As well as the competition there will also be the ever-popular complimentary tours (at 1pm and 3pm), croquet on the lawn and craft and nature activities for younger visitors who now have their own log circle area in which to sit and read.
- 1 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 2 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 3 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 4 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 5 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 6 Q&A: Alan Hawkes of Rotary in Saffron Walden
- 7 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 8 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 9 Astronomy: What to look for in the Essex sky in December
- 10 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation
Gates open from 12noon until 6pm (last admission at 5pm) with tickets costing £3.50 for adults and children entering free. Bacon rolls, hot drinks, cream teas and cakes will be available by the croquet lawn. A range of plants, garden merchandise and handmade craft items will also be on sale.
Anyone interested in joining the volunteer team for these and subsequent open days, to help with the regular Thursday gardening sessions or to get involved with other projects should e-mail email@example.com or leave a message on 01371 876979.