The Gardens of Easton Lodge launch photography competition
- Credit: Archant
BUDDING photographers are needed to take snaps for a tourist attraction’s 2014 calendar.
Entry is open to all visitors to the Little Easton venue at the next open day on Sunday (June 23).
This year there will be two age groups (up to and including 16 years and 17 years and over) across the three categories of Family Fun, Hidden Treasures and Flowers & Foliage.
Winning entries will be announced at the September 22 open day by the judges including Mike Perry of David Lipson Photography in Great Dunmow. Mike is also generously donating some of the prizes.
The photographs will then go on display in the new Archive Building, which the Trust has recently built and which will be open to visitors for the first time this month.
You may also want to watch:
Entry forms will only be available on the day but full details of the age groups, categories and rules are available on the website eastonlodge.co.uk.
As well as the competition there will also be the ever-popular complimentary tours (at 1pm and 3pm), croquet on the lawn and craft and nature activities for younger visitors who now have their own log circle area in which to sit and read.
- 1 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 2 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 5 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 10 Thaxted Rangers boosted by Co-op donation
Gates open from 12noon until 6pm (last admission at 5pm) with tickets costing £3.50 for adults and children entering free. Bacon rolls, hot drinks, cream teas and cakes will be available by the croquet lawn. A range of plants, garden merchandise and handmade craft items will also be on sale.
Anyone interested in joining the volunteer team for these and subsequent open days, to help with the regular Thursday gardening sessions or to get involved with other projects should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message on 01371 876979.