The Lovely Bones (12A): Film adaptation of Alice Sebold's book comes to Saffron Screen
COMMUNITY cinema Saffron Screen is celebrating after hitting the �20,000 mark in its bid to go digital. In order to secure its future, Saffron Screen – which is based at Saffron Walden County High School – needs to purchase �60,000 worth of digital equipm
COMMUNITY cinema Saffron Screen is celebrating after hitting the �20,000 mark in its bid to go digital.
In order to secure its future, Saffron Screen - which is based at Saffron Walden County High School - needs to purchase �60,000 worth of digital equipment.
To achieve this ambitious target the cinema launched a Going Digital campaign and attracted Uttlesford District Council as the main sponsor.
For the next fundraising push, a series of special screenings will be held at the cinema starting with The Lovely Bones (12A) next Friday (April 23).
Doors open at 7:30pm for an 8pm film start and it promises to be a fun and social evening. Tickets are �10 each which includes a free glass of wine. There will also be a paying bar (which will re-open after the film) and a raffle.
The Lovely Bones is based on the Alice Sebold bestselling book and was produced by Peter Jackson, of Lord of the Rings fame. The story is narrated from heaven by a murdered young girl who wants to help her family heal and help her father find the killer.
- 1 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Pictures: Hundreds take part in Saffron Walden Jubilee walk
- 4 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 5 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 6 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 7 Saffron Walden triathlon a success as it returns to usual May date
- 8 The Railway Arms is North West Essex CAMRA Pub of the Year
- 9 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
Chairman of Saffron Screen, Rebecca del Tufo, said: "We are thrilled with the support and kind comments we have received and wish to thank everyone who has sponsored a seat, made a donation or become a Friend.
"We invite everyone to celebrate the recent achievements with a glass of wine or soft drink at the fundraising screening next Friday."
Tickets can be purchased from the Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre on the Market Square or at www.saffronscreen.com. Visit the website for details about making a donation to the campaign.