The Lovely Bones (12A): Film adaptation of Alice Sebold's book comes to Saffron Screen
COMMUNITY cinema Saffron Screen is celebrating after hitting the �20,000 mark in its bid to go digital. In order to secure its future, Saffron Screen – which is based at Saffron Walden County High School – needs to purchase �60,000 worth of digital equipm
COMMUNITY cinema Saffron Screen is celebrating after hitting the �20,000 mark in its bid to go digital.
In order to secure its future, Saffron Screen - which is based at Saffron Walden County High School - needs to purchase �60,000 worth of digital equipment.
To achieve this ambitious target the cinema launched a Going Digital campaign and attracted Uttlesford District Council as the main sponsor.
For the next fundraising push, a series of special screenings will be held at the cinema starting with The Lovely Bones (12A) next Friday (April 23).
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 7:30pm for an 8pm film start and it promises to be a fun and social evening. Tickets are �10 each which includes a free glass of wine. There will also be a paying bar (which will re-open after the film) and a raffle.
The Lovely Bones is based on the Alice Sebold bestselling book and was produced by Peter Jackson, of Lord of the Rings fame. The story is narrated from heaven by a murdered young girl who wants to help her family heal and help her father find the killer.
- 1 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 2 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 3 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 4 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 5 Great Anglia named train operator of the year
- 6 District council urged to cancel investment
- 7 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 8 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 9 St Clare Hospice 10k run set to take place this April
- 10 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford
Chairman of Saffron Screen, Rebecca del Tufo, said: "We are thrilled with the support and kind comments we have received and wish to thank everyone who has sponsored a seat, made a donation or become a Friend.
"We invite everyone to celebrate the recent achievements with a glass of wine or soft drink at the fundraising screening next Friday."
Tickets can be purchased from the Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre on the Market Square or at www.saffronscreen.com. Visit the website for details about making a donation to the campaign.