The Mums Studio gives business-minded mothers a chance to network
A BUSINESS networking group for working mums has been launched in Saffron Walden this week.
The Mums Studio is the brainchild of Charlotte Phillips. The mother-of-one, creator of The Business Studio - which has three elements: a supper club, networking evenings and The Mums Studio - started the group this week to offer a place for “mothers to meet, inspire and support”.
The first event, held at The Eight Bells on Monday, was a great success.
“We’re absolutely delighted with how it went,” Mrs Phillips, who is working alongside fellow mum Jo Emes on the project, told the Reporter. “It was fantastic to be in the company of so many inspirational women.
“Two mums who attended had an idea to start a business and the meeting gave them the push they needed to get started which, after just one session, is very encouraging.”
But what is The Mums Studio all about what does it do?
“The Mums Studio is a collection of dynamic and successful women who want to create business ideas, exchange services and battle through the dichotomy of being a mother and businesswoman,” explained Mrs Phillips.
- 1 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 2 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 3 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 4 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 5 Harmer haul helps Essex Eagles tame Sussex Sharks in VItality Blast
- 6 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 7 Essex Eagles hit Glamorgan hard in Vitality Blast best
- 8 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 9 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 10 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
“The group is designed for all working mothers, whether you are a new mum looking for support as you juggle your business with motherhood, or a mum whose kids have just started school and you are ready to start a business.
“It is also for a mum who is a professional and doesn’t want to go back into employment and is seeking a creative partner. Likewise, you might have a fabulous idea and are just looking for your professional counterpart.
“Whoever you are, if you are a mother who has a business, wants a business or wants to be self-employed, The Mums Studio aims to inspire, support and connect you with other likeminded people.”
So far 27 mothers are registered with The Mums Studio. The group meets every other Tuesday at 10am-12noon at The Eight Bells Pub. There will be a guest speaker at every meeting. Babies are welcome.
For more details and to register contact Mrs Phillips by calling 07887 874 428 or e-mailing email@example.com or visit thebusinessstudio.co.uk/mums_studio