The only place is Essex: Host County invites London 2012 Olympics ticket holders to stay
AS the massive demand for Olympic tickets continues, those fortunate enough to have secured a ticket are being encouraged to start planning their stay during the London Olympic and Paralympic Games.
As the closest county to Stratford and the Olympic Park, Visit Essex tourism is urging the many thousands of ticket holders to choose Essex as the place to stay during the 2012 Games.
On the outskirts of London, Essex is an easy county to reach and to travel in and around. With a number of international gateways into the county including Stansted and Southend airports, two ports at Harwich and Tilbury, an extensive bus network and direct rail links into Stratford from as little as 15 minutes, it is a perfect place to for visitors to use as a base.
Essex offers tourists a welcome alternative to the hustle and bustle of London which includes 350 miles of stunning coastline, beautiful countryside and quintessential English villages.
The county also offers fantastic shopping, vibrant nightlife and restaurants to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
There is plenty of opportunity for relaxing and recreational activity outside of watching the 2012 Games, including 67 golf courses and plenty of cycling, and walking routes to explore.
Cabinet member for eEnvironment and culture, county councillor Jeremy Lucas said: “Essex has a number of key transport gateways making it accessible for visitors travelling by rail, air, sea and road. The accommodation is of an excellent standard throughout the county that will suit a range of budgets.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 4 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 5 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 8 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 9 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
“The coastal resorts in the south east of the county are ideal for those who have tickets for the Olympic Mountain Bike Events at Hadleigh Farm, and the picturesque countryside in the west of the county for Canoe Slalom Events at the Lee Valley Park nearby.
“With easy, direct rail links into Stratford taking as little as 15 minutes, it makes perfect sense for visitors to base themselves in Essex during the Olympic Games in 2012.”
Visit Essex has plenty of information and ideas to help plan your stay during the 2012 Games – for more information go to visitessex.com