The Reinecke Ensemble kick off Linton Music Society's 2010 programme
LINTON Music Society kicks off its 2010 programme with a varied evening of music. Continuing their 50th anniversary season, the society welcomes the Reinecke Ensemble for a concert tomorrow (Saturday February 13). The Reinecke Ensemble – Stephen Pierce on
LINTON Music Society kicks off its 2010 programme with a varied evening of music.
Continuing their 50th anniversary season, the society welcomes the Reinecke Ensemble for a concert tomorrow (Saturday February 13).
The Reinecke Ensemble - Stephen Pierce on clarinet; Christopher Wellington on viola; and Terence Allbright on piano - formed to explore the varied repertoire of Mozart's finest piano trio, the Kegelstadt in E flat (K498), which appeared in 1786 and inspired many composers to write for this combination of instruments.
The ensemble's concert also includes works for duo combinations and the particularly melodious and attractive A Major Trio by Carl Reinecke.
A spokesman said: "Variety of tone colours and variety of music give the ensemble a really attractive choice of programme - this is music for listeners to enjoy hearing and for the musicians to enjoy playing."
The concert takes place at Linton Village College at 7.30pm.
- 1 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 2 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 3 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 4 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 5 Man in court over alleged 'fox-killing' during Puckeridge Hunt
- 6 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 7 Post Office: change of location in Newport
- 8 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 9 Former teaching assistant is jailed
- 10 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
Tickets - �11, �9 concessions, �2 for under 16's - are available at the door or in advance by calling 01223 893480 or from Sweet Talk News, 77 High Street, Linton.
Linton Music Society welcomes new members. For more information contact Dr Bruce Conochie on 01223 894460 or visit www.lintonmusic.org.uk