The sky’s the limit for Geri
A VOLUNTEER at an Uttlesford sight charity will be taking to the skies – only to jump from a plane at 13,000ft.
Geraldine Cowell will be plummeting towards the ground at speeds of up to 120mph before pulling the cord to release a parachute as she does a daring skydive to raise funds for Support 4 Sight.
Geraldine said: “Although this is a frightening and challenging experience for me, I’ll try and do anything once.”
Support 4 Sight works with visually impaired people and their families.”
The charity helps almost 3,000 people a year in the west Essex by giving information, support and advice to people with sight loss and other associated problems, helping them to maintain an independent lifestyle. It has a well-equipped Resource Centre, offers home visiting services, membership and equipment loans, social trips, coffee mornings, computer training and runs information desks at local hospitals.
You may also want to watch:
The charity relies heavily on its fantastic team of volunteers.
Geraldine said: “I want to raise money for Support 4 Sight, because they do so much to help blind and partially sighted people in Essex and it is really hard for small charities to raise the funds to keep going year after year, so this is a perfect opportunity to raise some extra funds for them.”
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
Geraldine is hoping to raise �1,000 in the challenge, which takes place next Wednesday. Sponsorship forms are available at Support 4 Sight’s centre at 2&4 George Street, Saffron Walden, by ringing 01799 523700 or visiting support4sight.org.uk