The sky’s the limit for Geri
A VOLUNTEER at an Uttlesford sight charity will be taking to the skies – only to jump from a plane at 13,000ft.
Geraldine Cowell will be plummeting towards the ground at speeds of up to 120mph before pulling the cord to release a parachute as she does a daring skydive to raise funds for Support 4 Sight.
Geraldine said: “Although this is a frightening and challenging experience for me, I’ll try and do anything once.”
Support 4 Sight works with visually impaired people and their families.”
The charity helps almost 3,000 people a year in the west Essex by giving information, support and advice to people with sight loss and other associated problems, helping them to maintain an independent lifestyle. It has a well-equipped Resource Centre, offers home visiting services, membership and equipment loans, social trips, coffee mornings, computer training and runs information desks at local hospitals.
You may also want to watch:
The charity relies heavily on its fantastic team of volunteers.
Geraldine said: “I want to raise money for Support 4 Sight, because they do so much to help blind and partially sighted people in Essex and it is really hard for small charities to raise the funds to keep going year after year, so this is a perfect opportunity to raise some extra funds for them.”
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 3 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 4 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Food collection and seasonal songs at R A Butler's harvest festival
- 8 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
- 9 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 10 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
Geraldine is hoping to raise �1,000 in the challenge, which takes place next Wednesday. Sponsorship forms are available at Support 4 Sight’s centre at 2&4 George Street, Saffron Walden, by ringing 01799 523700 or visiting support4sight.org.uk