The sky’s the limit for Geri
A VOLUNTEER at an Uttlesford sight charity will be taking to the skies – only to jump from a plane at 13,000ft.
Geraldine Cowell will be plummeting towards the ground at speeds of up to 120mph before pulling the cord to release a parachute as she does a daring skydive to raise funds for Support 4 Sight.
Geraldine said: “Although this is a frightening and challenging experience for me, I’ll try and do anything once.”
Support 4 Sight works with visually impaired people and their families.”
The charity helps almost 3,000 people a year in the west Essex by giving information, support and advice to people with sight loss and other associated problems, helping them to maintain an independent lifestyle. It has a well-equipped Resource Centre, offers home visiting services, membership and equipment loans, social trips, coffee mornings, computer training and runs information desks at local hospitals.
You may also want to watch:
The charity relies heavily on its fantastic team of volunteers.
Geraldine said: “I want to raise money for Support 4 Sight, because they do so much to help blind and partially sighted people in Essex and it is really hard for small charities to raise the funds to keep going year after year, so this is a perfect opportunity to raise some extra funds for them.”
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 7 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 8 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Thaxted Rangers boosted by Co-op donation
Geraldine is hoping to raise �1,000 in the challenge, which takes place next Wednesday. Sponsorship forms are available at Support 4 Sight’s centre at 2&4 George Street, Saffron Walden, by ringing 01799 523700 or visiting support4sight.org.uk