The St John Ambulance blessed during special service at Essex’s largest church
THE work of the St John Ambulance in the Saffron Walden area was celebrated at a special service on Sunday.
An ambulance which has been refurbished for the use of the division, with the help of funds given by the Saffron Walden Round Table and Lionesses, was blessed.
Rector of St Mary’s Church, Rev David Tomlinson, said: “It was a great joy to welcome members of St John Ambulance to the church and to give thanks for the wonderful voluntary work they do in our community.”
St John divisional superintendent Sarah Scott said, “We are hugely grateful for the generosity of our donors, who have helped provide us with this superb equipment. We know that it will really help us respond to the needs of all the people of Saffron Walden.”
The Saffron Walden Division of St John meet every Tuesday at 8pm in the town’s fire station in Hill Street.
You may also want to watch:
Members are trained in first aid and provide first aid services at events locally and throughout the county. New volunteers are always welcome: contact Sarah Scott on 07747 456139.
- 1 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 2 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 3 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 6 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 7 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 8 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 9 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 10 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton