The St John Ambulance blessed during special service at Essex’s largest church
THE work of the St John Ambulance in the Saffron Walden area was celebrated at a special service on Sunday.
An ambulance which has been refurbished for the use of the division, with the help of funds given by the Saffron Walden Round Table and Lionesses, was blessed.
Rector of St Mary’s Church, Rev David Tomlinson, said: “It was a great joy to welcome members of St John Ambulance to the church and to give thanks for the wonderful voluntary work they do in our community.”
St John divisional superintendent Sarah Scott said, “We are hugely grateful for the generosity of our donors, who have helped provide us with this superb equipment. We know that it will really help us respond to the needs of all the people of Saffron Walden.”
The Saffron Walden Division of St John meet every Tuesday at 8pm in the town’s fire station in Hill Street.
You may also want to watch:
Members are trained in first aid and provide first aid services at events locally and throughout the county. New volunteers are always welcome: contact Sarah Scott on 07747 456139.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
- 9 Thaxted flash flooding the 'worst in 30 years', says councillor
- 10 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return