The St John Ambulance blessed during special service at Essex’s largest church
THE work of the St John Ambulance in the Saffron Walden area was celebrated at a special service on Sunday.
An ambulance which has been refurbished for the use of the division, with the help of funds given by the Saffron Walden Round Table and Lionesses, was blessed.
Rector of St Mary’s Church, Rev David Tomlinson, said: “It was a great joy to welcome members of St John Ambulance to the church and to give thanks for the wonderful voluntary work they do in our community.”
St John divisional superintendent Sarah Scott said, “We are hugely grateful for the generosity of our donors, who have helped provide us with this superb equipment. We know that it will really help us respond to the needs of all the people of Saffron Walden.”
The Saffron Walden Division of St John meet every Tuesday at 8pm in the town’s fire station in Hill Street.
You may also want to watch:
Members are trained in first aid and provide first aid services at events locally and throughout the county. New volunteers are always welcome: contact Sarah Scott on 07747 456139.
- 1 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 2 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 3 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 4 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 5 District council urged to cancel investment
- 6 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 7 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 8 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford
- 9 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 10 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden