The swinging Sixties returns to Essex village as Highly Strung make it lucky 13 for hospital charity
THE swinging 60s will return to Clavering Village Hall on Saturday September 26 when rock n roll revival band Highly Strung takes to the stage in aid of Addenbrookes Kidney Patients Association. The Buntingford-based five-piece returns to the Essex vill
THE swinging 60s will return to Clavering Village Hall on Saturday September 26 when rock 'n' roll revival band Highly Strung takes to the stage in aid of Addenbrookes Kidney Patients Association.
The Buntingford-based five-piece returns to the Essex village by popular demand, having played fund-raising gigs at the venue on no less than 12 previous occasions.
Revellers can twist the night away to more than three hours of 50s and 60s dance favourites including chart hits from the Searchers, Buddy Holly & the Crickets, Gerry and the Pacemakers, Elvis, Chuck Berry, Everly Brothers, The Pirates, Righteous Brothers, Manfred Mann, Cliff Richard and Bill Haley & the Comets.
There will also be plus a showcase of 70s and 80s pop classics from Status Quo, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Chris Izaak and many more.
You may also want to watch:
A highlight of the evening promises to be the authentic 60s guitar sounds of The Shadows, for which the band is famed.
Highly Strung, which was formed more than 15 years ago by Buntingford-based guitarists Geoff Strachan and Jim Oliver, also features Matt Long on lead vocals, Adrian Foster on bass guitar and Danny Bacon on drums.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 3 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 Reflections: A World War One soldier who was killed in battle
- 8 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 9 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 10 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
Tickets, which include a meal, are �8 in advance and available by calling 01763 271921.
All proceeds from the gig will be donated to the Addenbrookes Kidney Patients Association.