The swinging Sixties returns to Essex village as Highly Strung make it lucky 13 for hospital charity
THE swinging 60s will return to Clavering Village Hall on Saturday September 26 when rock n roll revival band Highly Strung takes to the stage in aid of Addenbrookes Kidney Patients Association. The Buntingford-based five-piece returns to the Essex vill
THE swinging 60s will return to Clavering Village Hall on Saturday September 26 when rock 'n' roll revival band Highly Strung takes to the stage in aid of Addenbrookes Kidney Patients Association.
The Buntingford-based five-piece returns to the Essex village by popular demand, having played fund-raising gigs at the venue on no less than 12 previous occasions.
Revellers can twist the night away to more than three hours of 50s and 60s dance favourites including chart hits from the Searchers, Buddy Holly & the Crickets, Gerry and the Pacemakers, Elvis, Chuck Berry, Everly Brothers, The Pirates, Righteous Brothers, Manfred Mann, Cliff Richard and Bill Haley & the Comets.
There will also be plus a showcase of 70s and 80s pop classics from Status Quo, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Chris Izaak and many more.
A highlight of the evening promises to be the authentic 60s guitar sounds of The Shadows, for which the band is famed.
Highly Strung, which was formed more than 15 years ago by Buntingford-based guitarists Geoff Strachan and Jim Oliver, also features Matt Long on lead vocals, Adrian Foster on bass guitar and Danny Bacon on drums.
- 1 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 4 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 5 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
- 6 Stansted Airport boss confident that passenger numbers will rally
- 7 Radical women of Saffron Walden walking tour
- 8 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 9 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
- 10 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
Tickets, which include a meal, are �8 in advance and available by calling 01763 271921.
All proceeds from the gig will be donated to the Addenbrookes Kidney Patients Association.