Thomas Cook Airlines adds new aircraft and destinations from London Stansted Airport
- Credit: www.baa.com/photolibrary
THOMAS Cook Airlines has announced it will operate two aircraft from Stansted Airport from June 2014.
Using the larger Airbus A321, replacing the existing A320, the move brings an increased amount of flights and holidays which are now on sale for holidaymakers.
The additional and larger aircraft means a range of new destinations are within reach of holidaymakers travelling from Stansted, including new Thomas Cook destinations of Corfu, Fuerteventura, Heraklion, Izmir, Kefalonia, Kos, Rhodes and - new to Stansted - Skiathos – as well as increased frequency to other popular resorts.
Rob Thompson, Thomas Cook Airline’s director of planning, said: “Our growing partnership with London Stansted is great news for those holidaymakers in the east and south-east of England looking for an airline and airport closer to home to help them travel to more destinations.
“We believe this area of the country is currently underserved with respect of airport departures to holiday destinations and that demand exists to make our partnership with the airport a continued success.
“With more flights, more holidays and a more frequent service to the most popular resorts, next summer is set to bring an unprecedented Thomas Cook holiday atmosphere to Stansted.”
The airport’s managing director, Andrew Harrison, said: “Today’s announcement by Thomas Cook is excellent news for Stansted and our passengers and another significant step on the road to providing more choice to more destinations from the airport than ever before.”
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 3 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 6 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 7 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 8 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 9 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
- 10 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
From June 2014, Thomas Cook Airlines will serve 18 destinations from London Stansted Airport, with over 150,000 passengers each year flying with the airline from the airport.
As well as calling into any of Thomas Cook or Co-operative Travel stores, Thomas Cook Airlines’ flight-only offers are available at flythomascook.com.
Thomas Cook’s Summer 2014 holidays are available at thomascook.com or by calling 0844 412 5970.