Thousands raised for Stansted Airport charity partner after year-long fundraising campaign
STAFF from Stansted Airport have helped raise over �12,000 for a charity after a year-long fundraising drive.
The Panathlon Challenge was the focus of Stansted’s fundraising efforts for 2012 after being chosen by staff as the airport’s inaugural charity partner of the year. The Essex-based charity works with schools across the south east and organises sporting competitions for disabled youngsters.
Various fundraising activities were held throughout the year, including a special mini Paralympic Games in the terminal. Airport staff have also volunteered and supported the charity at a series of disabled sporting events.
Panathlon director, Ashley Iceton, said: “We’d like to thank everyone at Stansted Airport for their kind donations and the support they’ve given the charity throughout 2012. The money will go towards providing specialist adapted sports equipment for several local schools.”
At a special sporting festival in the terminal to celebrate a year of fundraising this week, Tim Hawkins, Stansted’s regulatory and planning director, presented the organisation with a cheque for �1,340 raised from the airport’s annual Christmas card donation scheme, and �2,000 collected from staff attending the airport’s stakeholder dinner.
You may also want to watch:
Airport staff will soon get the chance to vote on the 2013 charity partner.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden documentary maker inspires students with astronomy animation
- 3 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 4 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 7 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 10 5 of the best wedding venues in Essex