Thousands sign up for Essex Energy Switch
Over 4,200 Essex residents signed up for a chance to save money on their gas and electricity bills with the Essex Energy Switch.
Registration for the first Essex Energy Switch closed at midnight on Monday (February 17), with the auction for new suppliers taking place the following day.
The winning suppliers, who came forward to offer the best possible tariffs, were:
• Ovo Energy for all online billing contracts
• British Gas for dual fuel paper billing contracts
You may also want to watch:
• Green Star Energy for Electricity Only paper billing contracts
• Scottish Power for prepayment contracts
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 5 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
The 4,262 residents that registered for the scheme will start to receive their personalised offers and details on how to switch from Friday, February 28. There is no obligation to accept the offer.
County councillor Roger Walters, cabinet member for waste & recycling, said: “We have had a fantastic response to the first Essex Energy Switch, and I would like to say a big thank-you to everyone who registered.
“If you signed up please look out for your personalised switching offer, which will show you how much you can save and what to do next.
“The county council will continue to look for new and innovative ways to help save money for hard working people across the county.”
The Essex Energy Switch has been organised by Essex County Council in partnership with district, borough and city councils, and delivered by iChoosr, an independent provider which specialises in collective energy switching.
For further details on the scheme and advice on saving energy in the home, visit essex.gov.uk/energyswitch.