Three Crazy Mares set for second Coast-to-Coast challenge for Together in West Essex
- Credit: Archant
The Three Crazy Mares are doing it again, this time taking part in a 240-mile charity event for a cause close to all their hearts.
Clare Thompson, Joy Goddard and Vicky Rutherford, and two horses, will be running and riding the route from Kings Lynn to Clacton, over six days starting on May 3.
They will be taking part in the huge challenge to raise money for Together in West Essex – which helps to provide relief to breast cancer sufferers in West Essex by the contributing towards the provision of equipment at the Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow and towards research at St Margarets Hospital, Epping.
Joy, a personal trainer at Wilburs gym in Saffron Walden, said: “We all know someone who has been affected for breast cancer so it seemed like the right charity to raise money for.”
To help raise funds they will be holding a ‘Lunchtime Do’ at The Eight Bells on February 28, from 12.30pm. People will be treated to sausage and mash and chocolate brownie for £20 per head.
You may also want to watch:
And, on Friday, March 21, the trio will be holding a night walk/run around Saffron Walden. Participants can tackle 5k or 10k routes at their own pace. It costs £10 to enter and people are welcome to fundraise.
Last May The Three Crazy Mares raised £7,000 on a five-day, 190-mile run and ride from Cumbria to North Yorkshire.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 5 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
They are eager to raise £10,000 for the latest challenge. To donate, visit justgiving.com/3CrazyMaresC2C