Three Crazy Mares set for second Coast-to-Coast challenge for Together in West Essex
- Credit: Archant
The Three Crazy Mares are doing it again, this time taking part in a 240-mile charity event for a cause close to all their hearts.
Clare Thompson, Joy Goddard and Vicky Rutherford, and two horses, will be running and riding the route from Kings Lynn to Clacton, over six days starting on May 3.
They will be taking part in the huge challenge to raise money for Together in West Essex – which helps to provide relief to breast cancer sufferers in West Essex by the contributing towards the provision of equipment at the Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow and towards research at St Margarets Hospital, Epping.
Joy, a personal trainer at Wilburs gym in Saffron Walden, said: “We all know someone who has been affected for breast cancer so it seemed like the right charity to raise money for.”
To help raise funds they will be holding a ‘Lunchtime Do’ at The Eight Bells on February 28, from 12.30pm. People will be treated to sausage and mash and chocolate brownie for £20 per head.
And, on Friday, March 21, the trio will be holding a night walk/run around Saffron Walden. Participants can tackle 5k or 10k routes at their own pace. It costs £10 to enter and people are welcome to fundraise.
Last May The Three Crazy Mares raised £7,000 on a five-day, 190-mile run and ride from Cumbria to North Yorkshire.
- 1 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 2 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 3 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 4 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 5 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 6 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 7 Harmer haul helps Essex Eagles tame Sussex Sharks in VItality Blast
- 8 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 9 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 10 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
They are eager to raise £10,000 for the latest challenge. To donate, visit justgiving.com/3CrazyMaresC2C