Three-legged race set to round off historic weekend in Finchingfield
- Credit: Archant
FINCHINGFIELD’S popular three-legged race around the village is returning next week – and new runners are welcome to join in.
Following the success in previous years, the event will be re-run over the August Bank Holiday. Taking place on Monday August 26 at 3pm, the race will fall on the same day as the unveiling of the newly-restored Guildhall and the flower festival in the church, making for a unique and exciting moment in the village calendar.
New runners are welcome and can raise money on behalf of their chosen good cause or charity.
Three-legged pairs must race around the village drinking at all three pubs, and crossing the pond (twice) without use of the bridges. It has been an excellent spectacle in previous years and promises to be so again.
Last year there were stalls on the green and the village cricket club – who organise the race – would welcome enquiries from potential stallholders.
You may also want to watch:
Club chairman Paul Denman said: “Regrettably we had to postpone in May, but this new date is much better, tying in with the first public opening of the newly restored Guildhall and the flower festival in the church. There will be plenty to do in Finchingfield this bank holiday.”
There are a few places available. Call club secretary Damon Knight on 07932 019474.
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 4 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 7 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 8 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 9 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 10 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire