Tickets for the Flitch Trials 2012 now on sale
TICKETS for the 2012 Dunmow Flitch Trials are now on sale.
The trials, which will be held this year on July 14 on Talbards Ley in Great Dunmow, are usually over-subscribed with capacity audiences eagerly awaiting the jury verdicts for each trial.
Keeping the organisation of the trials in the town, the agent for the 2012 tickets is Dunmow business Banana Travel, 2 Market Place, who hold ALL tickets for sale for the event.
Priced at �5, �12 or �16 per seat, the tickets can be bought in person, online at firstname.lastname@example.org by post or by phone. Full details are given on the Flitch Trials website, dunmowflitchtrials.co.uk
This year there will be three trial Sessions: a single trial in the morning, a two trials during the afternoon session, and two in the evening.
You may also want to watch:
The historic trials – which date back to the 1100s - are held every four years and sets out to award a flitch (or side) of bacon to married couples from anywhere in the world, if they can satisfy a Judge and Jury of six maidens and six bachelors that in ‘twelvemonth and a day’ they have ‘not wisht themselves unmarried again’. Couples must have been married for at least a year and a day.
Married couples wishing to be considered for this years Trials have until April 27 to return their application forms. Application forms are available via the Flitch Trials website, by emailing a request to email@example.com or by calling the Flitch Judge on 01371 872816.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country