Tickets for the Flitch Trials 2012 now on sale
TICKETS for the 2012 Dunmow Flitch Trials are now on sale.
The trials, which will be held this year on July 14 on Talbards Ley in Great Dunmow, are usually over-subscribed with capacity audiences eagerly awaiting the jury verdicts for each trial.
Keeping the organisation of the trials in the town, the agent for the 2012 tickets is Dunmow business Banana Travel, 2 Market Place, who hold ALL tickets for sale for the event.
Priced at �5, �12 or �16 per seat, the tickets can be bought in person, online at email@example.com by post or by phone. Full details are given on the Flitch Trials website, dunmowflitchtrials.co.uk
This year there will be three trial Sessions: a single trial in the morning, a two trials during the afternoon session, and two in the evening.
You may also want to watch:
The historic trials – which date back to the 1100s - are held every four years and sets out to award a flitch (or side) of bacon to married couples from anywhere in the world, if they can satisfy a Judge and Jury of six maidens and six bachelors that in ‘twelvemonth and a day’ they have ‘not wisht themselves unmarried again’. Couples must have been married for at least a year and a day.
Married couples wishing to be considered for this years Trials have until April 27 to return their application forms. Application forms are available via the Flitch Trials website, by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Flitch Judge on 01371 872816.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park