Time running out for Saffron Walden shops to sign up to Christmas campaign
- Credit: Archant
Independent shops are urged to sign up to a shop indie Christmas campaign.
The Saffron Walden Reporter is delighted to sponsor Saffron Walden Town Team’s Independent Christmas Shopping Challenge and campaign, which is now in its third year.
So far, more than 25 shops in Saffron Walden have singed up to take part in the scheme that highlights the best the town can offer.
The challenge sees shoppers receive a map and leaflet when they shop in any of the stores taking part. Customer taking part need to spend £50 in total to be in with a chance to win hundreds of pounds of vouchers to spend in any of the shops.
Those already signed up include Design Essentials, Jacks Outdoor Wear, Joseph Barnes Wines, Saffron Screen, Tea Amo, Cou Cou, Penneys, Nineteen57, Petrus, Arts Decoratif, Craft Days, Beales, Party Box, Saffron Sports, Little Minke and Blue.
Other shops include Chisnalls, Goulds, Fanny & Frank, Handpicked and Gorgeous, Church Street Gallery, Jiminy Snippets, Art @ Home, Saffron Fitness and Humpreys.
Design Essentials owner Wendy Howell, who is organising the campaign with Jude Cox of Jacks Outdoor Wear, said: “To be entered in to win the main prize, shoppers have to spend £50 in the stores taking part. At each shop, customers will receive a sticker. Any amount can be spent in any of the shops, you can spend all £50 in one, then go to the others to collect your stickers or you can spend in each until you reach £50.”
- 1 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 2 Pictures: Hundreds take part in Saffron Walden Jubilee walk
- 3 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 4 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 6 The Railway Arms is North West Essex CAMRA Pub of the Year
- 7 Nearly 100 homes planned for former Friends' School
- 8 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 9 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 10 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
The campaign is due to be launched on November 18 at the screening of a short film to promote Saffron Walden.
As well as the campaign, there will be a radio advert on Star Radio promoting the town, and its free parking after 3pm, which starts on November 7.
Hywel Barrett, Reporter Content Editor, said: “We take pride in the communities we serve and are privileged to be able to support this campaign.
“Many of us take for granted what we have on our doorsteps, but the shop local campaign will remind people about the great variety of shops we have in our town.
“We hope that there will be a number of competitions so keep your eyes peeled while reading the paper in the weeks before Christmas.”
INFORMATION: Shops looking to take part must register before Tuesday (October 27). Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.