Time to apply for Essex secondary school places
APPLICATION dates have now been set for secondary school places for September 2014.
Parents and carers must apply between August 31 and October 31, 2013 to secure a Year 7 secondary school place.
Applications can be made via the website atessex.gov.uk/admissions. The website also enables parents to search for school information, read Ofsted reports, check admissions criteria and catchment areas, and submit applications.
Essex County Councillor Ray Gooding, cabinet member for Education and Lifelong Learning said: “Applying for the right schools for your child is an important decision and I would urge parents to use the tools available on essex.gov.uk/admissions to ensure they make an informed application.
“Although we are able to provide most families with their preferred school, schools can become oversubscribed so it is very important for parents to use all six preferences.”
You may also want to watch:
It is vital to apply on time; the council recommends that parents use all their preferences and list their local school as one of their preferences.
Parents should also carefully consider the admissions criteria of each school for which they wish to apply.
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays