Tiny increase in number of Essex parents getting children into preferred primary school
- Credit: Archant
Fractionally more Essex parents have got their children into their preferred primary school.
Essex County Council, which delivered the news to parents across the county today, said 87.4 per cent of parents have been offered their first choice, slightly more than the 86.7 per cent last year.
There was also an increase in the number of second choice places, with 6.68 per cent this year compared to the 6.6 per cent in 2015.
The third preferred choice was given to 2.39 per cent of parents, 0.77 per cent of parents got their fourth choice and 2.76 per cent of parents were given their nearest school.
Of the more than 16,500 applications, 95 per cent, who registered online, will receive an email of their child’s place today (Monday).
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Ray Gooding, cabinet member for education, said: “I am delighted we have once again been able to offer the overwhelming majority of children in Essex one of their parents’ top preferences.
“The pressure on primary school places has increased considerably in recent years but our investment has meant we can continue to meet the rising demand. This achievement is also testament to the hard work of admissions staff, schools and those involved in planning expansions.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 9 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
“I wish all children starting school for the first time the very best of luck for the future.”
Got an issue with your child’s school place? Email email@example.com.