Toddler rescued after getting head trapped in leisure centre turnstile
A THREE-YEAR-OLD boy who got his head trapped in a turnstile at a leisure centre had to be freed by firefighters. The toddler became stuck as he was leaving the Lord Butler Leisure Centre in Saffron Walden, just before 9.30am this morning (Friday). Statio
A THREE-YEAR-OLD boy who got his head trapped in a turnstile at a leisure centre had to be freed by firefighters.
The toddler became stuck as he was leaving the Lord Butler Leisure Centre in Saffron Walden, just before 9.30am this morning (Friday).
Station commander at Saffron Walden, Paul Curtis, said: "The boy had run ahead of his mum on the way out and slipped through an adult's legs as he went out the turnstile, then it clicked forward and trapped his head between one of the spokes and the barrier.
"We used our hydraulic tool to open the turnstile up and dismantled the mechanism around the boy.
You may also want to watch:
"He was very brave but as soon as he was free he ran straight to his mum and was really upset, but ambulance crews were able to calm him down."
The incident was attended by crews from Saffron Walden and Harlow. The boy was released by 9.50am.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 6 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand