Toddler rescued after getting head trapped in leisure centre turnstile
A THREE-YEAR-OLD boy who got his head trapped in a turnstile at a leisure centre had to be freed by firefighters. The toddler became stuck as he was leaving the Lord Butler Leisure Centre in Saffron Walden, just before 9.30am this morning (Friday). Statio
A THREE-YEAR-OLD boy who got his head trapped in a turnstile at a leisure centre had to be freed by firefighters.
The toddler became stuck as he was leaving the Lord Butler Leisure Centre in Saffron Walden, just before 9.30am this morning (Friday).
Station commander at Saffron Walden, Paul Curtis, said: "The boy had run ahead of his mum on the way out and slipped through an adult's legs as he went out the turnstile, then it clicked forward and trapped his head between one of the spokes and the barrier.
"We used our hydraulic tool to open the turnstile up and dismantled the mechanism around the boy.
You may also want to watch:
"He was very brave but as soon as he was free he ran straight to his mum and was really upset, but ambulance crews were able to calm him down."
The incident was attended by crews from Saffron Walden and Harlow. The boy was released by 9.50am.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 8 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 9 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays