Tools stolen from Saffron Walden garden on sunny afternoon
- Credit: Archant
A man carrying out DIY jobs in his garden in the afternoon had his tools stolen while he was still on the premises but had gone inside the house.
Thieves took two power saws, a jigsaw, a grinder, two drills and a screwdriver.
The theft was on Wednesday, June 24 between 1pm and 6pm in Debden Road, Saffron Walden.
It was one of three incidents in the town in the past fortnight.
A second burglary took place in East Street, Saffron Walden on June 30 when thieves got into a home that was apparently secure by slipping the lock to the rear sash window. They stole two wrist watches and a pocket watch and left through the French doors.
You may also want to watch:
Last week, between July 2 and 4, there was an attempted burglary when suspects tried to gain entry to a barn on Cole End Lane, Saffron Walden. They cut the padlock from the rear door but couldn’t get in because the inner door was fully locked.
Anyone with information on any of these crimes can contact Braintree CID at Braintree Police Station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital