Top line-up for Saffron Walden Literature Festival
FORMER BBC correspondent Martin Bell will lead a literature festival line-up in Saffron Walden. Words Around Britain, the seventh literature festival organised by Harts Events, takes place throughout March. The line-up includes independent MP, Mr Bell, po
FORMER BBC correspondent Martin Bell will lead a literature festival line-up in Saffron Walden.
Words Around Britain, the seventh literature festival organised by Harts Events, takes place throughout March.
The line-up includes independent MP, Mr Bell, political commentator and former Radio 4 news quiz chairman, Simon Hoggart, and Gervase Phinn.
Festival director, Jo Burch, said: "I know people expect us to recommend everyone to buy their tickets early - event organisers always do - but there were so many people who left it until the last minute during our October festival and were then desperately disappointed that they couldn't get to see Carol Ann Duffy and Libby Purves.
You may also want to watch:
"If they don't want to miss out this time, we really do suggest they book their seats as soon as possible."
Also invited to the festival are children's author and poet, Kevin Crossley-Holland, award-winning naturalist Colin Tudge, social historian Maureen Waller, and former Wisden editor and FT columnist Matthew Engel.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 7 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 10 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
"Our theme of 'Words Around Britain' has allowed us to invite speakers who will, we hope, bring to life the best (and worst) of both historical and contemporary British life," added Mrs Burch.
The full festival programme can be seen at www.hartsevents.co.uk
Tickets are available online, by phone 01799 523456 or in person from Harts at Shire Hill and from the Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre.
Copies of the programme can be found at various outlets in Saffron Walden.