Top marks for Saffron Walden Nursery
A NURSERY school is celebrated after its manager passed a top qualification in excellence.
After a rigorous assessment process Denise Russell, manager of Saffron Walden Nursery School on Shire Hill Industrial Estate, received confirmation that she had passed her Early Years Professional Status.
She had to demonstrate excellence of personal practice and an ability to lead the practice of others.
Mrs Russell, who earlier this year passed a BA (hons) degree in Early Childhood Studies, said: “I am extremely proud of this achievement and the extra kudos it will bring to the nursery.
“Not only are we now a nursery with an ‘outstanding’ inspection report, with staff who are continually working to further develop their own qualifications and professional development, but we are also being led by a manager with an Early Years Professional Status.”
You may also want to watch:
In order to achieve the status Mrs Russell had to cover 30 standards which fell into 6 categories including knowledge and understanding, effective practice, relationships with children, communicating and working in partnership with families and carers, teamwork and collaboration, and professional development.
“l needed to provide a portfolio of evidence for each standard,” added Mrs Russell. “l also had to undergo various interviews and a final assessment day when the assessor came into the setting to interview me, speak to witnesses who knew my work and view my portfolio of evidence.”
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 5 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
• As part of the celebration the nursery will be holding an open day on June 9 for parents and prospective parents. Sessions runs in half-hour slots from 9.30am-11.30am and 12.30pm-2.30pm. No appointment is necessary.
For more information visit swns.org.uk or call 01799 522108.