Top marks for Saffron Walden Nursery
A NURSERY school is celebrated after its manager passed a top qualification in excellence.
After a rigorous assessment process Denise Russell, manager of Saffron Walden Nursery School on Shire Hill Industrial Estate, received confirmation that she had passed her Early Years Professional Status.
She had to demonstrate excellence of personal practice and an ability to lead the practice of others.
Mrs Russell, who earlier this year passed a BA (hons) degree in Early Childhood Studies, said: “I am extremely proud of this achievement and the extra kudos it will bring to the nursery.
“Not only are we now a nursery with an ‘outstanding’ inspection report, with staff who are continually working to further develop their own qualifications and professional development, but we are also being led by a manager with an Early Years Professional Status.”
In order to achieve the status Mrs Russell had to cover 30 standards which fell into 6 categories including knowledge and understanding, effective practice, relationships with children, communicating and working in partnership with families and carers, teamwork and collaboration, and professional development.
“l needed to provide a portfolio of evidence for each standard,” added Mrs Russell. “l also had to undergo various interviews and a final assessment day when the assessor came into the setting to interview me, speak to witnesses who knew my work and view my portfolio of evidence.”
- 1 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 4 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 5 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 6 Stansted Airport boss confident that passenger numbers will rally
- 7 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
- 8 Radical women of Saffron Walden walking tour
- 9 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
- 10 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
• As part of the celebration the nursery will be holding an open day on June 9 for parents and prospective parents. Sessions runs in half-hour slots from 9.30am-11.30am and 12.30pm-2.30pm. No appointment is necessary.
For more information visit swns.org.uk or call 01799 522108.