Top Ofsted marks for Clavering Nursery School
A MONTESSORI nursery school in Clavering has been scored as either good or outstanding in all categories assessed by Ofsted inspectors. Hill Green Montessori Nursery School had its first Ofsted report published this week and principal, Clare Lawrence,
A MONTESSORI nursery school in Clavering has been scored as either 'good' or 'outstanding' in all categories assessed by Ofsted inspectors.
Hill Green Montessori Nursery School had its first Ofsted report published this week and principal, Clare Lawrence, said she was delighted with the results.
"I'm pleased with the progress that all the children have made and I want to thank all the excellent staff we have here for their hard work," she said.
"I am pleased to be able to work with such supportive parents who are so keen to get the best for their children."
You may also want to watch:
Particularly pleasing for the school was scoring an 'outstanding' mark for the extent to which children achieve and enjoy their learning.
The Ofsted inspectors said: "Children develop a clear understanding and demonstrate excellent skills with regard to communication, literacy, problem solving, knowledge and understanding of the wider world and information communication technology. They explore everything around them, asking questions about how things work or what they do.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
The report added that staff meet the individual needs of all children "extremely well" and that their "well-developed knowledge of each child makes sure that welfare and learning is successfully promoted".
The nursery operates from a two-story converted chapel and has access to a secure outdoor play area. There are currently 23 children on the roll. Ofsted inspectors said "parents and carers feel supported and would recommend the nursery to others".