Top Saffron Walden hair salon gives new mum a make-over
- Credit: Archant
A NEW mother has spent the day in a top hair salon having a make-over courtesy of national glossy magazine, Hair.
Sarah Smith, 29, spent the day at Saks Hairdressers on King Street, Saffron Walden, where she was given “the works” by a team of stylists.
Mrs Smith is currently on maternity leave after giving birth to son Freddie eight months ago. She said: “I’m really excited about this. It’s a real treat for me.”
Sarah said that she was normally “quite boring with her choice of hairstyles,” but this was the ideal opportunity to go for something “more adventurous with the comfort of knowing that it will be a style that will suit her down to the ground”.
The day started with a consultation with Saks colour expert Chris Law, who recounted some of the hairdressing horror stories that he has seen.
“Nine out of 10 of the disasters that people have come in to get put right are caused by using home dye kits,” he said. “These are pretty strong chemicals we use and if you don’t know what you’re doing or how they’ll react to over products, something is going to go wrong. That’s why it is important to see someone who knows what they are doing.”
Chris’s top tips for great hair is for people to go to a professional who knows what they are doing, as well as to use good after care products.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 3 Saffron Walden County High School student launches campaign for a 'Quiet Room'
- 4 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Saffron Walden a contender in Britain's Favourite Market vote
- 7 Music therapy top honour includes Walden's Together in Sound
- 8 Advent begins in Saffron Walden on Sunday
- 9 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 10 Students bring cheer to senior citizens through Christmas Buddy Scheme
David Law, who co-owns Saks in Saffron Walden, which part of the biggest hair and beauty franchise in the UK, said: “We are one of four ambassador salons in the UK and this has created quite a buzz. We were really excited and looking forward to helping Sarah.”
People can follow Sarah’s transformation by logging on to the salon’s Facebook page: Saks Saffron Walden.