Top Saffron Walden hair salon gives new mum a make-over
- Credit: Archant
A NEW mother has spent the day in a top hair salon having a make-over courtesy of national glossy magazine, Hair.
Sarah Smith, 29, spent the day at Saks Hairdressers on King Street, Saffron Walden, where she was given “the works” by a team of stylists.
Mrs Smith is currently on maternity leave after giving birth to son Freddie eight months ago. She said: “I’m really excited about this. It’s a real treat for me.”
Sarah said that she was normally “quite boring with her choice of hairstyles,” but this was the ideal opportunity to go for something “more adventurous with the comfort of knowing that it will be a style that will suit her down to the ground”.
The day started with a consultation with Saks colour expert Chris Law, who recounted some of the hairdressing horror stories that he has seen.
You may also want to watch:
“Nine out of 10 of the disasters that people have come in to get put right are caused by using home dye kits,” he said. “These are pretty strong chemicals we use and if you don’t know what you’re doing or how they’ll react to over products, something is going to go wrong. That’s why it is important to see someone who knows what they are doing.”
Chris’s top tips for great hair is for people to go to a professional who knows what they are doing, as well as to use good after care products.
- 1 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
David Law, who co-owns Saks in Saffron Walden, which part of the biggest hair and beauty franchise in the UK, said: “We are one of four ambassador salons in the UK and this has created quite a buzz. We were really excited and looking forward to helping Sarah.”
People can follow Sarah’s transformation by logging on to the salon’s Facebook page: Saks Saffron Walden.