Top snappers shoot for awards in library
- Credit: Archant
Top photographers have been awarded for their best snaps as the Saffron Walden Camera Club opened its annual photo exhibition at the town library.
Awards were presented by deputy mayor Richard Freeman at the exhibition's private view on January 31 and the winners across six categories were Lorraine Chitson, Lynne Blount, Adam Newsome, Nigel Silk and Clive Downes, who won two awards.
The winning pictures are being exhibited on the top floor of Saffron Walden Library from January 27 to February 22, alongside other photos by group members.
Saffron Walden Camera Club was established in 1981 and its 25 members meet fortnightly on Friday evenings between May and September,
Dominic Davey, chair, said: "The group caters for photographers of all abilities, interests and ages. It encourages members to learn from each other and from the club's programme of activities."
You may also want to watch:
Photo galleries, information and contact details can be found at the club's website, www.saffronwaldencc.co.uk.
- 1 Audley End apple festival is this weekend
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 4 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 5 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 6 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 7 Essex newspapers are 'highly commended'
- 8 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 9 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 10 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden