Tour de France 2014 – Sign up now to be a ‘Tour Maker’ volunteer in Uttlesford
- Credit: Archant
Uttlesford residents have a unique opportunity to play a part in the Tour de France 2014.
Volunteers – known as ‘Tour Makers’ – will be needed on Monday July 7 2014, as Stage 3 of Le Tour makes its way down Saffron Walden high street, taking in Radwinter, The Sampfords and Felsted, before heading to London to finish on the Mall in front of Buckingham Palace.
Residents have until Monday January 20 to register their interest by visiting http://letour.yorkshire.com/tour-makers.
Those who register will be contacted when more details on the application process and volunteering opportunities become available.
Tour Makers will be on the front line to welcome the world and help millions of spectators have a fantastic time.
The peloton will arrive in Saffron Walden from Cambridge, where Stage 3 begins, entering via Windmill Hill before continuing down High Street, turning left on to George Street, travelling up Hill Street and then out towards Radwinter via East Street and the B1053. It will also pass through Finchingfield.
The momentous occasion coincides with Saffron Walden Carnival, an eight-day spectacular which will run from July 4-12.
- 1 Delayed 350 homes development approved
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 6 Flashmob choir, free lessons: Latest Ukraine support
- 7 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 Saffron Walden girls enjoy first festival outing
- 10 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries
Essex county councillor Ann Naylor, cabinet member for public health & wellbeing, said: “We are looking forward to welcoming Le Tour in Essex in 2014, building on our county’s success hosting other great sporting events such as the Olympic Mountain Biking event and the Torch Relay for London 2012.
“As we saw with those events, the contribution made by hard working volunteers really helps to make them special, so if you would like to get involved and become a ‘Tour Maker’ for Stage 3, I urge you to sign up now.”
For more information on the Tour de France 2014’s route through Uttlesford, visit essex.gov.uk/Pages/Tour-de-France.aspx.
For more details on Stage 3 of Le Tour visit letour.2014stage3.com