Tour de France 2014 – Sign up now to be a ‘Tour Maker’ volunteer in Uttlesford
- Credit: Archant
Uttlesford residents have a unique opportunity to play a part in the Tour de France 2014.
Volunteers – known as ‘Tour Makers’ – will be needed on Monday July 7 2014, as Stage 3 of Le Tour makes its way down Saffron Walden high street, taking in Radwinter, The Sampfords and Felsted, before heading to London to finish on the Mall in front of Buckingham Palace.
Residents have until Monday January 20 to register their interest by visiting http://letour.yorkshire.com/tour-makers.
Those who register will be contacted when more details on the application process and volunteering opportunities become available.
Tour Makers will be on the front line to welcome the world and help millions of spectators have a fantastic time.
You may also want to watch:
The peloton will arrive in Saffron Walden from Cambridge, where Stage 3 begins, entering via Windmill Hill before continuing down High Street, turning left on to George Street, travelling up Hill Street and then out towards Radwinter via East Street and the B1053. It will also pass through Finchingfield.
The momentous occasion coincides with Saffron Walden Carnival, an eight-day spectacular which will run from July 4-12.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 4 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 5 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
Essex county councillor Ann Naylor, cabinet member for public health & wellbeing, said: “We are looking forward to welcoming Le Tour in Essex in 2014, building on our county’s success hosting other great sporting events such as the Olympic Mountain Biking event and the Torch Relay for London 2012.
“As we saw with those events, the contribution made by hard working volunteers really helps to make them special, so if you would like to get involved and become a ‘Tour Maker’ for Stage 3, I urge you to sign up now.”
For more information on the Tour de France 2014’s route through Uttlesford, visit essex.gov.uk/Pages/Tour-de-France.aspx.
For more details on Stage 3 of Le Tour visit letour.2014stage3.com