Tour de France leaflet to be handed out to boost tourism and business in Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
A pocket-sized leaflet will be handed out to crowds on the day of the Tour de France’s arrival in an effort to boost future tourism and business.
The leaflet, put together by Saffron Walden Town Team and sponsored by Uttlesford District Council, provides facts about the town and its history, including a map, and information on parking facilities.
It also includes details of local businesses, with the hope of encouraging visitors who come to watch the Tour on Monday, July 7 to re-visit the town in the future.
The distribution of the leaflet, which will have ideas for days out in town, is part of an ongoing retail initiative to boost trade and footfall in Saffron Walden.
Tens of thousands of people are expected to descend on Uttlesford to see the world famous race first hand, and millions watching at home will get a glimpse of Saffron Walden and the surrounding villages.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Howard Rolfe, cabinet member for communities and partnerships, said: “The Tour de France will bring Saffron Walden and the district of Uttlesford to the attention of the whole world.
“The likely increase in tourism and boost to local trade would be greatly welcomed. This publication from the Town Team is an excellent and forward thinking example of how to cultivate that interest in a helpful and informative way.”
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 3 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 8 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
For more information about the Tour de France, visit uttlesford.gov.uk/tdf.